Talk

Advanced search

Would you show me a kitchen you love?

(22 Posts)
3luckystars Sun 29-Oct-17 10:14:20

I’m just wondering if anyone has time, that they could post a photo of a kitchen that they love. (Especially if it’s your own)
Or one they would love to have.

I am overloaded and don’t even know what I like anymore! I’m hoping someone here will show me the light.

Thanks very much. Any advice is welcome also!

Humptynumpty02 Sun 29-Oct-17 10:24:05

If you are overloaded surely more ideas is a bad idea? Why don't you write down a list of things you like and don't like abd start narrowing down the choices accordingly?

millifiori Sun 29-Oct-17 10:29:29

I like this if the link works.

TheEmpressWears Sun 29-Oct-17 10:31:12

This is not my favourite kitchen ever but I saved it recently because it would work with my house shape and the rest of the house.

TheEmpressWears Sun 29-Oct-17 10:32:04

It's the cupboards I like, too much with the floor.

feve17 Sun 29-Oct-17 10:51:06

@3luckystars if you're feeling overwhelmed the best thing to do would be to go & see a designer. Once they have a chat with you they will be able to pin point the things you like the best & the things that work in your room. This thread will probably end up with loads of completely different images & styles from everyone too so it may just confuse you even more.

3luckystars Sun 29-Oct-17 13:12:55

Yes you are right about seeing too many pictures, I know! I have had 3 designer people look at it and I’m pretty much stuck with the layout we have unless we get an extension and we can’t afford that.

So I have the design and the layout sorted, it’s just the colours and the worktop I need to pick out. I was just hoping someone here would post something that they love and by the end I would have something to post myself.

I’m surprised at the dark colours posted so far, everything I have seen is light grey! The dark colours are lovely. Thanks for the replies and advice.

FrogFairy Sun 29-Oct-17 14:53:37

At the risk of overloading you even more, if you go to the diy-kitchens website they have photos of almost 1200 customer kitchens. This could give a chance to see what catches your eye colour and worktop wise.
www.diy-kitchens.com/customer-reviews/

nemno Sun 29-Oct-17 15:08:23

I based my kitchen on this one. I got a local joiner to copy it and I found the handles online. I chose carrera marble look-alike quartz worktops.

MrsKipling16 Sun 29-Oct-17 16:50:58

You could try a site like this? Lots of different colours/styles.

MrsPworkingmummy Sun 29-Oct-17 16:52:51

I love anything 'shaker' style x

Runlovingmummy81 Sun 29-Oct-17 16:59:28

I've just had a dark grey kitchen fitted. White granite worktop and then white brick tiles with grey grout. Looks fab.

NicolaMarlowsMerlin Sun 29-Oct-17 20:32:40

Are you on Houzz? I spent a long time on there when we were redoing our kitchen. It's helpful because you can save pictures and tag them 'floor' 'chairs are good but don't like the surface' etc., then flick through them to get an overall picture of what works for you.

it took us ages, lots of visits to different showrooms, finding the stone, the floor tiles etc. Hang in there, it will be worth it.

Believeitornot Mon 30-Oct-17 08:10:17

What direction is your room facing? How much light does your kitchen get?

We have a south facing kitchen and (with an extension) will be getting a dark blue island, white units against the wall with white worktops.

If the kitchen was facing north, I would go for a lighter colour.

We used to have an east facing kitchen which had the morning sun. So we had white units, light blues/grey walls and oak flooring. It looked light and airy.

topcat2014 Mon 30-Oct-17 08:11:31

I like 'Dr Foster's kitchen, and she is getting a new one, apparently, so it's going begging smile

whiskyowl Mon 30-Oct-17 11:44:51

What style do you like? If you can let us know what kind of thing you personally favour, we can probably be of more help! There's a huge difference between a sleek, contemporary German-style kitchen and a more ornate, traditional one - which do you prefer?

I am coming to the end of kitchen planning, so I do know what you mean. My head was spinning at times. I think the thing is that it is not one decision - it's a series of choice after choice after endless choice and it takes a very, very long time if you do it properly and think through the permutations. I found it helpful to work in terms of my own workflow as a cook, from fridge to sink to chopping to hob/oven, trying to imagine how I could use the space in different ways to allow the most effective use of it. Then I listed everything i own and planned a place for it. I think I have probably spent the equivalent of 2-3 full working weeks doing it in total.

whiskyowl Mon 30-Oct-17 11:45:14

(I should add, this is my first kitchen so I am more confused by everything than more experienced people)

Ambonsai Mon 30-Oct-17 11:57:11

Tom howley I think

QuitMoaning Mon 30-Oct-17 16:14:42

Can I show you this one:

QuitMoaning Mon 30-Oct-17 16:15:51

Sorry, pressed post too soon.

3luckystars Mon 30-Oct-17 20:16:06

Wow I’ve got some good leads, thank you all very much.

What is clear to me now is that I love knobs.

Heeheehee.

3luckystars Mon 30-Oct-17 20:17:04

That is a huge step forward!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now