Talk

Advanced search

Compac Unique Calacatta or Silestone Calacatta Gold?

(3 Posts)
Dahokolomoki Sun 29-Oct-17 09:03:21

I'm sourcing a quartz worktop for my new kitchen, and narrowed it down to two: Compac Unique Calacatta or Silestone Calacatta Gold.

Both are white marble-like quartz worktops.

I haven't been able to see any big slabs in person, just the small samples, so wondering if anyone had made a similar choice before?

For reference, I have a a white high gloss kitchen, so trying to decide whether the Compac or the Silestone has a whiter white background to match better.

feve17 Sun 29-Oct-17 11:01:01

@Dahokolomoki Personally I would go with Silestone, they carry a very high quality range of stone (so it will probably be a little more expensive than compac) they also have a few showrooms around under the main brand name Cosentino. There is definitely one in Manchester where you can go & view all the slabs & get more info but I'm not too sure about the other locations.

namechangedtoday15 Sun 29-Oct-17 16:34:13

I had Compac in my previous kitchen, wanted the Compac Calacatta in my current kitchen but couldn't afford it in the end. For what it's worth, the stonemason that I've used several times and who stocks quite a few different brands (including Compac and Silestone) said that the Compac was the closest likeness to marble.

In terms of quality, I've got Silestone in 2 bathrooms as countertops and there's no tangible difference between Silestone and Compac.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now