Talk

Advanced search

Kitchen sink placement

(12 Posts)
Tobuyornot99 Sat 28-Oct-17 20:07:49

Hello, has anyone successfully placed a sink / drainer across 2 units? I'll ty to make this understandable. ...rather than put a sink / drainer on a purpose made unit, could I put the sink part on a purpose made unit but put the drainer part over a dishwasher? Drawing included, hope this makes sense!

PlateOfBiscuits Sat 28-Oct-17 20:12:09

I saw a similar set up in Wrens but there was no dishwasher in the other half (just empty cupboards) so I’m not sure if that might scupper your plans a bit.

That being said... Anything’s usuallypossible if you’re willing to spend money on it.

randomthoughts Sat 28-Oct-17 20:47:10

We currently have this, don't see any issue as long as the sink part is within the unit.

randomthoughts Sat 28-Oct-17 20:48:32

Here's a photo of what ours was like. The dishwasher is under the drainer

Tobuyornot99 Sat 28-Oct-17 21:59:13

Thank you both so much, I hoped it was possible, my whole design depended on it!

randomthoughts Sat 28-Oct-17 22:15:23

Fully understand. I've just spent the bast few months planning our kitchen and have overthought every last thing. Still fully expect something to go wrong! No doubt I will be on here panicking over the next week as the kitchen gets templated!

Tobuyornot99 Sat 28-Oct-17 23:28:54

Random I'm not in a position to order my kitchen until April, so there will be a lot of agonising and nit picking ahead for me too. This board is so helpful, it's given me so much inspiration.

SwedishEdith Sat 28-Oct-17 23:44:57

Ours is like this. Can't remember it causing any issues. IKEA kitchen.

Joinourclub Sun 29-Oct-17 00:19:45

Just ordered our Howdens kitchen with that very same set up.

feve17 Sun 29-Oct-17 11:13:57

Yes the drainer is fine to go over the dishwasher =)

Tobuyornot99 Sun 29-Oct-17 21:57:13

Thanks for the replies. I absolutely love it when I'm right and DP is wrong halo

BubblesBuddy Sun 29-Oct-17 23:19:12

A draining board has no depth so just sits above a dishwasher in the same way as the Work surface would. I would suggest you get a big sink though.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: