Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Bath - P shaped shower bath or regular ?

(9 Posts)
Charlieandlola Sat 28-Oct-17 16:07:59

I amd refurbing 2 bathrooms that do not have space for separate shower cubicles, so I have no option but to replace like for like.

It is a third floor flat in an old converted house, so I am concerned about load bearing - will the floorboards cope with steel baths ? ( normally put Bette or Kaldewei baths in my own house)

Is it best to use one of the P shaped baths designed for extra room at the top, or am I ok to put a straight edged bath in ?
The 30 year old acryclic ones that are coming out are not P shaped, but normal rectangular .What are the advantages of the P shaped bath ?
Thanks

DaisyTheDeer Sat 28-Oct-17 16:08:48

I think a straight edged bath would be fine

rubybleu Sat 28-Oct-17 16:12:16

We fitted an L shaped bath earlier this year for the same reason. We tiled up the side of the bath which looks nicer than a panel.

It’s really nice for shower users as you get more space for a more comfortable shower. I’m very happy with it.

I wouldn’t install a p-shaped bath as I think they look horribly dated.

try2hard Sat 28-Oct-17 16:39:37

I'd go for an L shape too with a full screen, so you get a door that comes across the bath too so it's fully enclosed

Charlieandlola Sat 28-Oct-17 17:05:58

Thanks -Will look at L shaped, I think I'd go for a fold back shower screen rather than a fixed one due to memories of trying to bathe a wriggling toddler in a bath with a fixed glass shower screen

ASqueakingInTheShrubbery Sat 28-Oct-17 17:25:40

We have a p-shaped wrath bath with a hinged shower screen. The advantage is that DH fits in the bath more comfortably. The disadvantage is that it's too big for me to lie back in without sliding down, and it's an absolute pain in the arse to clean without getting in it. Considering DH has had approximately 1 bath in the 3 years we've had it, I don't think the advantages outweigh the disadvantages for us.

WeAllHaveWings Sat 28-Oct-17 17:26:57

We are planning put in an 800mm wide straight bath, I don’t like the look of the L shape at all, and the P shape means you are mostly restricted to a white plastic bath panel. The L shape can be tiled but any I’ve seen don’t look good.

oncewasawarrior Sat 28-Oct-17 17:32:12

Love our p shaped bath. Much nicer to shower in.

Sunnyshores Sun 29-Oct-17 10:33:13

I think the L shaped give the best showering area and think they look more modern.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now