Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Washer dryer stacking kit

(16 Posts)
HideHide Fri 27-Oct-17 22:15:26

Has anyone used one? We’re really short of space so stacking is our only option really. I’ve seen a kit that has a slide out shelf which also looks like a great feature! Does anyone have one? Is the shelf sturdy? Does the top machine shake around a lot? Any experience or advice welcomed smile

Tigerlilly17 Fri 27-Oct-17 22:33:59

I know a few people who use them and are happy. It’s normally a snug fit so not too much shaking. I know the one you are looking at (Argos?), decent reviews too x

carnivalisover Fri 27-Oct-17 22:43:00

I use one, bought on amazon as the recommended john lewis one was tgree times the price.

for me it works as my machines are stacked in a cupboard with no worktops nearby, but there are limitations such as you can’t use the washing machine easily when the shelf is out (blocks detegent drawer). The dryer does move a bit on the spin cycle yes, but its fine.

RarelyInfallible Sat 28-Oct-17 03:47:16

Do you really need a kit? I've always just plonked the dryer on top of the washer and never had any issues.

IheartCaptainHolt Sat 28-Oct-17 04:47:31

I got a kit from espares with a drawer in between. It’s great! Can’t recommend highly enough.

Tobuyornot99 Sat 28-Oct-17 09:02:23

Got mine from Currys, it's bloody marvelous! The shelf is endlessly useful, and the giant ratchet strap prevents the dryer from falling off during the ferocious spin cycle

SilverSpot Sat 28-Oct-17 11:33:58

Got mine of amazon. It’s amazing. Dryer hardly moves wbentbe washer is on the spin cycle.

I don’t use the shelf thing but the kit means it has a close fit with some impact reducing material and of course thesis tension band strapthjng holdsit nice and close

I did put the washer on top of a rubber mat thing that is meant to help it be more quiet/less movement on the spin.

DropZoneOne Sat 28-Oct-17 11:37:15

I have! My Bosch washing machine and tumble dryer live in the garage as no room in the kitchen, with the official shelf thing to stack them. Been like that for 9 years, no problems and the shelf is handy for loading/unloading the dryer.

HideHide Sun 29-Oct-17 00:07:22

Thanks for all your insights, I think I’m going to get the e- spares one as it has solid reviews

suze28 Sun 29-Oct-17 07:53:58

We’ve also got the espares stacking kit and it’s a decent solid piece of kit.

Gibble1 Sun 29-Oct-17 18:41:41

I went to buy one a few years ago with my appliances and the chap in curry’s told me to save my money. Theirs was just a piece of plastic with 2 springs and no drawer. He said that they would be perfectly safe just stacked with the dryer on top.

PlaymobilPirate Sun 29-Oct-17 18:44:33

Never heard of these - has anyone got a link to a good one please?

AsMuchUseAsAMarzipanDildo Sun 29-Oct-17 18:56:43

E-spares is great. The shelf is super useful too!

Worsethingshappenatsea Sun 29-Oct-17 19:12:29

I've got the E-spares one too it's been great - no shaking around or anything . Shelf is really handy too when emptying dryer

BubblesBuddy Sun 29-Oct-17 23:15:20

I had a sturdy cupboard built so tumble dryer is above washing machine on a shelf and there is a cupboard above that for washing liquids, stain removers etc. I think this is better and is part of the built in furniture in my laundry room.

Onthehighseas Sun 29-Oct-17 23:17:57

I got a piece of kitchen worktop from Freecycle and used that for a shelf. The tumble dryer sits on the shelf and the washing machine underneath. Really solid. And free!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now