Talk

Advanced search

What advice can you give me about bathroom LED lighting?

(6 Posts)
lazysummer Thu 26-Oct-17 22:52:09

I need a new ceiling light for a small internal bathroom. There are also some wall lights above the sink, but these are optional- pull cords. I am trying to decide between integrated LED or replaceable bulb. Does anyone have any experience/ recommendations? I have currently bought a John Lewis integrated LED (so bulb not replaceable)but wondering whether to keep it. Thanks in advance.

Etymology23 Thu 26-Oct-17 22:56:51

I bought a 3 way standard gu10 type and then just put LED gu10s in it. Mine was far enough from the bath not to need a specific bathroom rates one for waterproofing and I didn't actually like the expensive ones.

I think I bought:

www.screwfix.com/p/shot-3-light-spotlight-brushed-polished-chrome-240v/98834

So cheap as chips really. Still holding up nicely with no signs of rust.

Etymology23 Thu 26-Oct-17 22:58:48

Ultimately I didn't want to have to replace the whole light if I have a dud bulb. And I'm a cheapskate. I also liked the fact that I can point the spotlights where I want the brightest light.

Get several hundred lumen bulbs if you do go down that route. I think I bought lampaous ones from amazon cheaply.

lazysummer Fri 27-Oct-17 10:16:36

Thank you. I don't need a special bathroom one. How long has yours been rustproof? I agree it is easier to change a bulb than change the whole light.

Etymology23 Fri 27-Oct-17 11:28:54

Only a year but bathroom has no windows and no extractor, just a small vent so it's likely having a fairly hard time.

lazysummer Sun 29-Oct-17 17:52:57

Thanks for your help.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: