Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

What advice can you give me about bathroom LED lighting?

(6 Posts)
lazysummer Thu 26-Oct-17 22:52:09

I need a new ceiling light for a small internal bathroom. There are also some wall lights above the sink, but these are optional- pull cords. I am trying to decide between integrated LED or replaceable bulb. Does anyone have any experience/ recommendations? I have currently bought a John Lewis integrated LED (so bulb not replaceable)but wondering whether to keep it. Thanks in advance.

Etymology23 Thu 26-Oct-17 22:56:51

I bought a 3 way standard gu10 type and then just put LED gu10s in it. Mine was far enough from the bath not to need a specific bathroom rates one for waterproofing and I didn't actually like the expensive ones.

I think I bought:

www.screwfix.com/p/shot-3-light-spotlight-brushed-polished-chrome-240v/98834

So cheap as chips really. Still holding up nicely with no signs of rust.

Etymology23 Thu 26-Oct-17 22:58:48

Ultimately I didn't want to have to replace the whole light if I have a dud bulb. And I'm a cheapskate. I also liked the fact that I can point the spotlights where I want the brightest light.

Get several hundred lumen bulbs if you do go down that route. I think I bought lampaous ones from amazon cheaply.

lazysummer Fri 27-Oct-17 10:16:36

Thank you. I don't need a special bathroom one. How long has yours been rustproof? I agree it is easier to change a bulb than change the whole light.

Etymology23 Fri 27-Oct-17 11:28:54

Only a year but bathroom has no windows and no extractor, just a small vent so it's likely having a fairly hard time.

lazysummer Sun 29-Oct-17 17:52:57

Thanks for your help.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now