Talk

Advanced search

What do people think of the price of this?

(55 Posts)
BeautifulLiar Thu 26-Oct-17 14:29:07

How much would you offer?
It was reduced a couple of weeks ago but I don't know how much it was originally. We haven't viewed it yet blush but are keen to get out of our current area due to personal reasons.

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-49484085.html

FarticusFlynn Thu 26-Oct-17 14:31:44

It depends how much similar houses go for in that area.

Is it in line with what others are priced at? Or more expensive? Or cheaper?

If it's been reduced it'd say to me that the current owners are keen to sell quickly so you could be a bit cheeky.

It needs tonnes of work.

whiskyowl Thu 26-Oct-17 14:34:04

It's a lot of house for the money! I suspect it's already a bargain.

Do you know the area?

BeautifulLiar Thu 26-Oct-17 14:35:29

Oh god - tonnes of work as in...? Repainting is fine. I hate how bright it all is! But was there anything else you meant? Apart from the bathroom?

I think it's similarly priced. Obviously three bedrooms are 10k less. Lovely houses are a hell of a lot more. We visited the area yesterday and it looks like a nice village

sinceyouask Thu 26-Oct-17 14:36:19

£130k I think, as a first offer.

BeautifulLiar Thu 26-Oct-17 14:36:32

It does seem like a lot of house BUT we have four children so won't be huge for us 😂 I don't know the area personally - it seems nice though! Middle of nowhere, but that suits us perfectly.

greendale17 Thu 26-Oct-17 14:37:35

What “tonnes of work” does it need?

Nothing a painting can’t sort out. Very good value for money there

Bluntness100 Thu 26-Oct-17 14:38:33

It was first listed for £149,950 on 20th Jul 2017, so not much drop. You can see it on Zoopla.

FullMoonAndSpooky Thu 26-Oct-17 14:39:10

It needs a lick of paint, that's all.

BeautifulLiar Thu 26-Oct-17 14:40:05

130k? Wow! Not sure I'd dare be so cheeky. But that would obviously mean we could put a lot more deposit down!

It is mainly the decoration isn't it? And I enjoy things like that. I've transformed the house I live in now, although sadly it's a rental so we'll be leaving it all behind! Oh well. You never know what's around the corner and all that...

BeautifulLiar Thu 26-Oct-17 14:41:08

Bluntness, thank you! I've been trying to find out the information all week! Oh hardly any drop then. I would feel a lot better offering lower now. We're going on Saturday - so nervous...

JesusTapdancingChrist Thu 26-Oct-17 14:41:29

I think it seems like a good price.

And I don't get the 'tonnes of work' comment either. It's all just cosmetic surely?

Popchyk Thu 26-Oct-17 14:41:46

this one?

Lovely view out the back.

Hard to know if you don't know the area. Looks like that one sold in April 2015 for £130K, so £145K looks a tiny bit hopeful but not silly.

The nationwide house price calculator gives it at £139K so I'd be looking around that price.

BeautifulLiar Thu 26-Oct-17 14:43:37

Yes, that's the one. Would be lovely for the children to look out onto horses rather than houses!

I wonder why there's no picture of the mysterious utility/store room/workshop? I'm hoping it can be turned into a downstairs toilet. We will have a potty training child in about a year!

Bluntness100 Thu 26-Oct-17 14:43:45

They bought for £130,000 on 24th Apr 2015. So moving very quickly. I’d be asking why two years after buying it was back in thr market.

. I’d also doubt they want to sell it for what they bought it for, but I’d say I’d go in at 135 and expect to pay about 140. Thr five k price drop makes me think they want close to thr asking price. However why they are selling could be key.

BeautifulLiar Thu 26-Oct-17 14:44:16

We're hoping to go with Nationwide.
Never heard of their house price calculator!

BeautifulLiar Thu 26-Oct-17 14:45:06

Yes I did wonder why the quick move
Don't suppose I'll get any honest answers there though will I?

VinIsGroot Thu 26-Oct-17 14:45:33

It's gonna need new stair carpet that's for sure....and definitely remove the Man U wallpaper...that horrendous in all sorts of ways 😆!
Looks great with loads of space !!

FarticusFlynn Thu 26-Oct-17 14:46:37

By tonnes of work, I meant it needs decorating throughout, new bathroom, new kitchen and I think the garden is a bit soulless and needs bit of grass.

That's just my opinion though.

BeautifulLiar Thu 26-Oct-17 14:49:18

I quite like the striped carpet blush

Man United has got to go!!!

I agree it could do with some grass, especially for falling kids!

What's wrong with the kitchen? Genuinely? You should see the kitchen in my rented house - yuck!

Popchyk Thu 26-Oct-17 14:52:35

Nationwide House Price Calculator

It calculates the price based on movement in house prices in a particular region. So you enter the last price paid for the house and it will calculate what it would be worth now, purely given the movement in house prices. It won't take into account any extensions, remodelling, any of that business.

I find it can be reasonably accurate if you have a standard house in a street of standard houses. It is only a guide, of course. But it gives you a starting point.

JesusTapdancingChrist Thu 26-Oct-17 14:54:46

The kitchen would be infinitely improved by ditching the red blinds/tiles/accents and getting a new floor. The actual cupboards are grand.

The stripey carpet would have to go and is extra headache-inducing with the bright turquoise paint.

Every single room would need the paper stripped and to be repainted for me (I detest feature walls).

The bathroom suite looks fine but the tiles are quite dated so they'd need to go.

The garden I could live with for now as it's such a good space but would plan to eventually have it changed to a lawn.

So yeah maybe it's a bit more work than I originally thought but still really doable especially if you get it for the right price.

BeautifulLiar Thu 26-Oct-17 14:57:58

I am obsessed with blinds so would love to replace the kitchen ones!

I thought the garden looked quite small? O do love a feature wall though! just not Manchester united

Retiling is expensive, right? Friends DH could probably do a lot on mate's rates.

Thanks pop

SantasLittleMonkeyButler Thu 26-Oct-17 15:04:39

I wish I could get that much house for that kind of money here!

To me, it seems completely worth the asking price but that honestly doesn't mean much! You need to try & see what other similar houses have sold for recently in the same area.

If you think the price is fair, and would maybe pay £140,000 then I'd make an opening offer of £135,000 or even £137,500 and go from there. A lot of people reject the first offer almost on impulse, so I wouldn't go straight in at the maximum you want to pay.

BeautifulLiar Thu 26-Oct-17 15:13:32

Thanks Santa. We are very lucky to have such cheap houses in Lincolnshire. I think you're right about vendors rejecting the first offer. I think if it was more neutrally decorated and laid out better it would be on for more

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now