Advanced search

Buildings insurance from exchange to completion

(5 Posts)
MrsCaecilius Wed 25-Oct-17 19:46:06

Hi all - I’m aware that as soon as we exchange we will be responsible for buildings insurance for the property we are buying. Does anyone have any recommendations of companies to try for a period property?

We will add contents insurance once we move in, but for now we just need to get the buildings stuff nailed as it’s a legal obligation on our mortgage terms.

rslsys Wed 25-Oct-17 20:23:14

We use Hiscox, they seem to have the ability to cover all eventualities.

specialsubject Wed 25-Oct-17 21:13:23

It is an obligation anyway, once you have exchanged you are buying it whatever.

All insurance companies are used to this so just shop around as normal.

jazzmin Thu 26-Oct-17 18:15:17

I phoned my existing insurer and they cover my new home for 30 days for no extra charge. They emailed me the document to email my solicitor on the day of exchange. I assume other companies might offer the same service? Good luck.

Tigerlilly17 Thu 26-Oct-17 20:34:27

Handy bit of info jazzmin, thanks for sharing xxx

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: