Talk

Advanced search

Tumble Dryer Hose

(10 Posts)
Yayayoyo Wed 25-Oct-17 19:21:21

This is quite possibly the dullest question I’ve ever asked on MN but I need an answer if anyone knows.

I have acquired a second hand Hotpoint vented tumble dryer, which is missing the hose part.

Does anyone know these things are standard size to fit all, so I can just buy any TD hose I find on Ebay or wherever (available for a fiver)?

Only had condensers before so not sure about this!

TIA

wowfudge Wed 25-Oct-17 22:16:44

Yes - measure where it fits first so you can be certain it will fit. You can usually get branded spares or generic ones from somewhere like espares.

DramaAlpaca Wed 25-Oct-17 22:19:21

Yes, I think they are a universal size. They are easy enough to fit. I got one from espares.

Yayayoyo Wed 25-Oct-17 22:42:24

Thank you! That was painless smile

Pixiedust1973 Thu 26-Oct-17 00:51:13

Unless you really can't afford to buy a condensing dryer then id give it a miss tbh. The amount of condensation & damp those things cause is unbelievable! Not worth the agro!

DOLLYDAYDREAMER Fri 27-Oct-17 20:15:33

If the poster needs a hose then assume is going to vent it to the outside. Through a hole in wall or dangle hose out of window. Either way its better than a condensing type. Dries quicker and costs less to run. plus you dont need to keep empying the tank

peachy94 Fri 27-Oct-17 21:57:21

We had one with a hose out the widow and it caused mass amounts of damp in our house. Our condenser one is great

Believeitornot Fri 27-Oct-17 22:08:45

We use a hose and have never had a problem with damp. You have to make sure the hose isn’t loose - so we used a sort of tightening band. Plus when you stick the hose out of the window, make sure it’s fully pointing out.

johnd2 Sat 28-Oct-17 23:54:11

Hose one is simple and if everything is attached wouldn't cause damp.
However the most efficient is the condensing one with the heat pump.
That is because it uses the heat to evaporate the water off the clothes, but then gets the heat plus the latent energy from evaporating the water back from the drum and puts it back in as dry heat again. So the only heat loss is from the compressor etc, not going outside.

Yayayoyo Tue 31-Oct-17 21:22:25

The drier is the shed/outbuilding, so no problems with it causing damp in the house.
Anyhow, I bought the attachment and tried it today - amazingly fast compared to a condenser and nothing to empty, so I’m happy.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now