Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Can we have a different brand oven to gas hob?

(6 Posts)
HipToBeSquare Tue 24-Oct-17 14:24:47

Need to replace our Teknik oven and it looks like Bosch is the closet match size wise so will go with that.

However the hob is still Teknik (separate of course smile) and I didn't want to have to replace that as it's fine.

Will it look silly? I just had a look at Bosch gas hobs and to replace the same size is around £500.

RatRolyPoly Tue 24-Oct-17 14:26:40

We recently redid our kitchen and our hob and oven are different brands. Neither have very obvious branding on to be honest, but I really don't think it's worth the money replacing a perfectly good hob just to get them matching.

whiskyowl Tue 24-Oct-17 14:28:29

Yes, of course, as long as they are separates!

PickAChew Tue 24-Oct-17 14:29:51

Of course you can. We have a Smeg oven and have, successively had an AEG, a beko and a cheapy Cooke and Lewis hob. (The replacement has got cheaper each time we've broken one!)

HipToBeSquare Tue 24-Oct-17 14:30:52

I suppose more that the hob will be older looker but still inline with the new purchase (stainless steel).

Great, I'll now go and buy the ridiculously expensive oven but save on the ridiculously expensive gas hob grin

RatRolyPoly Tue 24-Oct-17 14:31:40

Consider it a £500 windfall grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now