Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

plumbing issues

(4 Posts)
Dhbrumsony Tue 24-Oct-17 09:10:54

Always had a downstairs bathroom but recently also had an upstairs bathroom fitted and Worcester boiler moved.

Having some nagging issues such as pressure dropping on the boiler, no apparent leaks. Also for some reason if I turn the heating on after coming back from work and try and use the upstairs mixer tap shower, the radiators won't come on until I've finished in the shower. Also had a new radiator fitted in the new bathroom. I've also noticed that if I use the hot water tap from the new bathroom, then the pilot light will switch off until the hot water tap is turned off.

Since the install we can hear random knocks from various pipe works leading to random radiators after we've turned the heating, ie before going to bed.

Had a plumber do the plumbing for the bathroom and new radiator and a gas safe person move the boiler.

Help please, is the problem with the boiler or new plumbing?

It only took 3 hours to move the boiler, I found he had run the electrical wire around the hot water pipes, when I asked an electrician to re route the wire, he noticed the spur box had singed and was black, he didn't tighten the wires correctly.

There is a slight random noise coming from the boiler.

PigletJohn Tue 24-Oct-17 10:51:14

"if I turn the heating on after coming back from work and try and use the upstairs mixer tap shower, the radiators won't come on until I've finished in the shower. Also had a new radiator fitted in the new bathroom. I've also noticed that if I use the hot water tap from the new bathroom, then the pilot light will switch off until the hot water tap is turned off. "

I presume you have a combi boiler. It is normal for a combi to give priority to HW and only divert heat to the radiators when the taps are turned off.

Modern boilers don't have pilot lights. I don't know what the thing is that goes out.

Allthebestnamesareused Tue 24-Oct-17 11:02:24

When we first got our combi boiler we had to repressurise it a couple of times a week. After about 2 months it has settled down and we do it once or twice a year.

Have they shown you how to do it? We found out by googling/you tube.

Dhbrumsony Tue 24-Oct-17 15:16:15

Sorry I meant gas / flame icon. Yes it's a combi worcester boiler.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now