So annoyed, buyers pulled out.(14 Posts)
Need some positive stories please.
On our second viewing of a house today, put in an offer and while we were waiting to hear back from the vendors our buyers pulled out.
I'm so so annoyed.
Basically they've heard from a friend of a friend that there is a lot of car crime and antisocial behaviour on our road and decided they no longer wanted to buy.
One single car was broken into a few months ago. In the past 4 years that's the only incident I've heard of and we live in a small cul de sac. Never any antisocial behaviour, bar once in a blue moon people use a cut through on our road on the way back from the pub. Never any fighting, you can just hear them chatting as they walk past. This is honestly about once every 6 weeks about 11.30pm on a Saturday night.
I know I can't convince them to buy my house if they don't want to but it's so frustrating.
Buying a property is a big decision, you can't beg or pressurise anyone into it. They changed their mind and pulled out, let them be. Keep selling your house, that's all you can do.
It's just so frustrating they're going on a rumour from a friend of a friend rather than cold hard facts. But not a lot I can do. It's not even a bad area, cul de sac with mainly professionals. A couple of solicitors, a young doctor, a fire fighter etc (not that that should matter, but point is it's a very middle class area). But hey ho, you can't force someone to buy your house.
Selling a property is so stressful, I feel for you op, Hope you get a new buyer asap.
Thank you. You're right. It's so stressful. Back to the start for us.
We had a similar ish situation, but it was our buyers buyers that pulled out.They actually decided to buy the buyers next door neighbours flat because it was chain free At this stage I had literally just negotiated an acceptable price on an ongoing purchase so we were gutted! Our sellers, understandably needed to keep marketing their house, & lucky for our buyers, we had already finished our notice period with our EA so it wasn't as simple as just clicking a mouse to update Rightmove. We agreed to give our buyers a few weeks before instructing a new agent. After 2 weeks they dropped their price by 10k to get a quick sale, which they did within another 2 weeks. Thankfully the house we wanted was still available & the house she planned to buy was also available, so we picked up where we left off.
Are you able to freshen things up with your sale with new pictures & possibly a small reduction to get people flying through the door in the hope of getting a quick sale? It may be a small price to pay to get the house you want!
It won't feel like much of a consolation but you didn't waste any money. It's such a stressful time. Good luck with moving forward.
We've literally just reduced our house a week ago so can't afford to reduce again. It's just the bloody pain of cleaning for viewings etc with small children. Oh and we will probably lose the perfect house now too. I'm gutted. Good job I believe in fate!
We lost our dream house in a similar fashion, it's a rough ride 🙁
Woke up this morning feeling really crappy. It's taken us 3 months to get this one offer. Its attractively priced, needs no work, but people complain about things I can't do anything about, e.g. the kitchen is too small and the dining room too big! Nothing I can do unless I knock walls down!
Cannot stand the thought of another 3 months of viewings and rejections. Just a moan really!
Selling a house is super stressful, I sold mine a few months ago just when the market started taking a turn, We dropped our price alot to get rid of it in the end, You will find a buyer, It only takes one person turning up and liking what they see, Good luck
Thank you for the positive stories! We've dropped it again slightly. Cannot afford to drop anymore tho as we won't be able to afford anything. We've dropped it so low that we can only accept 10k under asking price now which may be a problem. There's such a massive increase between 3 and 4 beds here. You need an extra 100-150k for one extra bedroom. We will even be losing a reception room but hopefully in a few years we can put a conservatory on. Just trying to get the right footprint and garden for now. It's just driving me mad. I suffer from stress and anxiety anyway and this is tipping me over the edge!!!
If you have an extra reception room now, which you are prepared to lose, could that not be utilised as the extra bedroom you need rather than spend out money moving for the space upstairs?
The kids are young so wouldn't really want them on another floor to us until they're older. Anyhow, we got another offer just over an hour ago! Hopefully this one sticks!!! We would like a bigger garden too as we've extended so much that there's not much garden left as it was small to begin with so it's ended up court yard sized or a bit bigger! So plan is move to 4 bed, bigger garden and we may even have a bit left over immediately for a small extension and still have a good sized garden. In the mean time the kids toys from their playroom will have to go in bedroom 4 upstairs!
Join the discussion
Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.Register now »
Already registered? Log in with:
Please login first.