Talk

Advanced search

Advice on moving to Scarborough

(4 Posts)
EmmaD15 Sun 22-Oct-17 23:38:38

Hi, I hope I posted this to the right area of chat! I'm possibly moving to Scarborough with my hubby, 2 yr old little boy and 2 cats because of a job. I'll hopefully hear if I've got the job by middle of the week but I've been hearing conflicting opinions of Scarborough that I'm now a bit concerned that it may not be a good move for us. Does anyone live there / know the area and can help?? Many thanks :-)

Glenscoconut Mon 23-Oct-17 16:35:25

Hi Emma, Scarborough is a really great place for a child to grow up. Living so close to the coast with young children is wonderful. We use to rent a beach chalet and be pretty much spend the whole of the summer holidays down the beach.

They are also making efforts to improve the area. New pool- Alpamare, new cineworld complex coming soon (I think it's a cineworld), they have the open air theatre which has some good stuff on. They're also making improvements to the South Bay.

Now one thing to be very careful if is buying in the right area. Check out local primary schools and see where you would want your DS to go and buy accordingly. I grew up in Seamer which is on the outskirts of Scarborough but is a lovely place to live. The primary is pretty good there, possibly even one of the best rated but don't hold me to that.

There are of course downsides to everywhere and Scarborough does have areas I wouldn't recommend but if you research into areas to live in then you should be okay as the not as nice areas are extremely obvious in my opinion.

I miss it dearly now I've moved away. I have my fondest memories spent with my family on the beach.

Good luck to you whatever you do.

EmmaD15 Mon 23-Oct-17 17:29:01

Thanks Glenscoconut, that was some good advice. I'll keep all this in mind when I hopefully get this job :-)

Glenscoconut Mon 23-Oct-17 17:47:32

Fingers crossed you hear good news for your job. Happy to answer any other questions you may have if you do make the move!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now