Talk

Advanced search

Cheaper version of this kitchen

(8 Posts)
AnonymousTomato Sun 22-Oct-17 21:08:51

I love the look of this kitchen, but unsurprisingly it is the most expensive one. Has anyone seen a similar one but cheaper? I've looked at DIY-Kitchens but they don't seem to do a copy.

www.wrenkitchens.com/kitchens/milano-contour-chalk-white-matt/7080

Ramona75 Mon 23-Oct-17 14:05:45

Wow, not sure how that island is constructed. I would like to see it fitted like that in a real home without any gaps or visible joins:-)

JoJoSM2 Mon 23-Oct-17 15:38:43

You mean cheaper than Wren? They are NOT a premium brand. If they’re trying to fleece you, just haggle.

Humptynumpty02 Mon 23-Oct-17 15:42:00

If you're thinking of going with Wren you really should read the lengthy thread on customer experiences on this forum, it's a must read.

AnonymousTomato Mon 23-Oct-17 18:28:18

I’m not thinking of going with wren I’m just looking for a handle less kitchen where I can also place the gold bits in between the handleless bit if that makes sense?

FledglingFTB Mon 23-Oct-17 18:30:41

Wickes Sofia, paint/stay the gold in the handle recess. Or maybe even add thin strips of metal.

Funf Mon 23-Oct-17 19:09:48

Try and do some detective work and find out who locally builds units, we have a local factory who supply for a fraction of the price as its all manufactured on site, but they also fit
www.fleetwaykitchens.co.uk

dynevoran Mon 23-Oct-17 19:19:03

You could get base units and drawers from either Ikea or howdens, and then get a carpenter to make you fronts and side and end panels and the panels for the island. They could do white formica and set it on to wood either painted copper/gold or with sheet copper or brass attached. I have something similar in green but with raised ply handles but you could have recessed metallic handles. I paid about £4k for all units drawers and the custom fronts and panels for a big kitchen.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: