Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Cost of replacing pane of glass with curve

(2 Posts)
LivLemler Sun 22-Oct-17 20:26:28

Anyone have a rough idea what it would cost to replace a custom shaped pane of glass?

We have an arch in our inside front door - a door with a glass panel and a floor to ceiling glass panel on each side of the door. The top of all three panels is curved.

One of the side panels has just broken, and I think we should be looking to replace all three with safety glass. I'll contact a few places for quotes, but does anyone have any idea what we're looking at? Thanks.

PigletJohn Sun 22-Oct-17 20:35:25

laminated glass, cut to size by a glazier, will be cheaper than toughened glass, which will have to be made to order in a glass factory. It's also stronger and burglar resistant.

I don't know how difficult it would be to cut it in curves, and I don't know the price. If it was a couple of hundred I wouldn't be surprised. You want the glazier to measure, supply and fit it, to avoid responsibility disputes if anything goes wrong.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now