Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

What colour would you paint my bathroom?

(17 Posts)
inthenameotheweeman Sun 22-Oct-17 14:26:28

New bathroom is just about finished. I need some plastering work done and then it needs painted. But i can’t settle on a colour. Part of me wants to go bright and part of me wants to stay quite neutral. I picked the tiles so that I can change my mind and mix up towels, etc. but now I’m stuck at round one of painting! I quite liked the colour in the kitchen below, (matt soft clay, just a homemade one) but picked it out weeks ago now and not so sure anymore. Can anyone inspire me further?

Thanks.

Cocoloco75 Sun 22-Oct-17 16:38:44

I would stick with a neutral personally, that's a lovely colour in your third photo, I would probably suggested something along these lines. Lovely bathroom smile

Cocoloco75 Sun 22-Oct-17 16:41:25

Bright would probably annoy me after a while and depends on how much natural light the room has. A neutral will, as you said, allow you to change things up easily with towels.

Bluntness100 Sun 22-Oct-17 16:42:14

I think if you colour match the dark blue tiles it will be gorgeous in there.

flumpybear Sun 22-Oct-17 16:42:57

I’d go for White personally - lovely tiles!

NotAgainYoda Sun 22-Oct-17 16:45:28

I may be wrong about this but the problem with dark colour in a bathroom is that when you do it in a bathroom paint, which has a sheen to it, it can look naff. This is what happened in my bathroom.

I'd go neutral

inthenameotheweeman Sun 22-Oct-17 17:03:07

Thanks all. There is no natural light as no window, so can’t go too dark, although I did quite like the suggestion of a dark blue. sad

laramara Sun 22-Oct-17 17:23:02

Little Greene Intelligent matt,in Whisper would be good!

Ttbb Sun 22-Oct-17 17:26:06

Definitely stick with neutral. I would pick a colour from one of the greyish tiles and try to match it. Don't go white though, the whole white with bright colours thing is s but naff now.

Justmuddlingalong Sun 22-Oct-17 17:27:28

The peacock blue/green from the tiles.

travailtotravel Sun 22-Oct-17 17:29:38

I have just painted our small windowless bathroom an emerald green. I have to say it looks astounding, even if i say so myself. Whopping mirror and good artificial light are the key.

AppleAndBlackberry Sun 22-Oct-17 17:40:05

I think I'd go very light grey. If that's too boring then I also like Pixie Green from Dulux although I don't think it's quite the right green for your tiles.

Longdistance Sun 22-Oct-17 17:44:54

I’d just go white. Those tiles are beautiful, and I wouldn’t want to take the focus off them.

Discotits Sun 22-Oct-17 18:05:41

Dark blue.

inthenameotheweeman Sun 22-Oct-17 18:37:06

Laramara I like the look of Whisper! Quite like what I was hoping for with the matt clay one I tried. Do I have to order from the website or does any of the normal DIY places stock Little Greene?

SpearmintTea Mon 23-Oct-17 10:55:29

I'd go with a good white. I recently painted our bathroom with Dulux trade supermatt white and was surprised at how different it seems to other whites we've used elsewhere. Even my 15yo ds commented on it!!

inthenameotheweeman Mon 23-Oct-17 15:48:50

I just don’t think I fancy total white? Maybe something like this “chalk white”?

I’m still liking the idea of blue, but since there’s no windows, I’m not sure. I need to paint 1 full 1.4 x 2.4 wall, the bit above the sink, and then another 0.6 x 2.4 area. Do you think that’s do-able with no natural light?? Something like no. 23 or 14 on the photo?

I should have held off on buying my towels until I’d 100% decided. confused

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now