Talk

Advanced search

What to do with dc/pets when selling

(11 Posts)
Strawberryshortcake40 Sun 22-Oct-17 12:45:57

Yesterday I sent DC out with dog for a walk for viewing. Today two viewings booked and it's freezing and starting to rain, can't send them out! But the house will seem smaller with them in and ddog is a nutter when people visit. Barks insanely if shut in a room or jumps up. She's fine after a few mins but very offputting if people don't like dogs (she assumes everyone in the house is her friend).

What do other people do with children/pets? Have considered shutting them in the shed..... (joking!!)

Even the cat misbehaved yesterday, waited till we went in the garden and took a massive yowly dump on the lawn straight in front of us angry

MrsOverTheRoad Sun 22-Oct-17 12:47:12

Can you tie the dog up outside? And prime the children to sit (neatly) at desks or table with book or computer?

Strawberryshortcake40 Sun 22-Oct-17 12:52:39

The children can be bribed. Nowhere really to tie up dog, who would just howl and get very cold and wet!

eljay2 Sun 22-Oct-17 12:55:24

If DC is old enough to walk dog can they sit in car parked on road outside your house?

itsalljibberish Sun 22-Oct-17 12:56:25

We all used to go out for a drive for 30 mins when wet!

eljay2 Sun 22-Oct-17 12:56:55

DC + dog in car I meant.
(Assuming you have a car!)

treeofhearts Sun 22-Oct-17 12:57:26

Would a neighbour let them go round for a bit, assuming the dog is well behaved? Failing that hand them waterproof coats and gloves and bribe them with cold hard cash to get the dog out of the way for an hour or two. Bit of rain won't kill them.

Strawberryshortcake40 Sun 22-Oct-17 13:01:10

No one to drive them or supervise them but guess I could put them in car. Would have to park it down the road though as bit obvious otherwise.

Hadn't really thought this bit through!

HipToBeSquare Sun 22-Oct-17 16:43:28

Are you doing the viewings? We've been out in all sorts of weather during viewings. I'm very close to taking ours off until spring for this very reason.

Our popular viewing times is also between 5 pm and 7 pm which with small dc is a real pain too!

Strawberryshortcake40 Sun 22-Oct-17 17:55:56

Yes am doing viewings myself although I think I will get the agent to do any in half term.

I put them in the shed (it's a summer house really) with a portable heater and a film on the laptop and popcorn! They seemed quite happy smile

SilverSpot Sun 22-Oct-17 18:40:12

SUmmer house was a great idea!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now