Talk

Advanced search

DIY kitchens - Helmsley anyone?

(9 Posts)
Lambrilittlelegs Sun 22-Oct-17 08:53:31

Hello
We think we have decided on a Helmsley kitchen from DIY kitchens. Has anyone else got this one and if so would you mind posting some pictures? It’s not available to view in the showroom so we are buying offline without seeing it (although I will order a sample door).
Going for a F&B painted finish.
Any advice/tips/pics most welcome! Thanks

Humptynumpty02 Sun 22-Oct-17 08:55:24

Watching with interest as this is the range we are looking at. Which colour are you going with? We still like Hague Blue island and Cornforth White units but next year when we install that may have changed.

Lambrilittlelegs Sun 22-Oct-17 09:05:39

Similar to us then! Ammonite or cornforth units plus dark blue island! My worry is that it will also date...I have been researching kitchens for nearly 2 years and still can’t decide!! Initially I was going for matt white handleless and I seem to have now gone full circle to in frame shaker. I feel that it’s such a big decision I have to get it right!!

My ideal if budget would allow us a Higham Handless shaker...

Humptynumpty02 Sun 22-Oct-17 09:08:44

If it's a long term house does it matter if it dates, as long as you like it? I think too often people get caught up in trends and not what makes them happy. Yes Amonite was the other variation of light grey we were looking at, good choice!

Lambrilittlelegs Sun 22-Oct-17 09:26:33

Yes it is a long term house and you are right as long as we like it then trends shouldn’t matter. I think that why I’ve decided to stick with more classic style units and colours so that they don’t date. Too much choice though!

GladitsFfriday Sun 22-Oct-17 14:39:51

We visited the DIY kitchens show room the other weekend it is great! We liked the Norton and the colour Mussel. I brought away painted samples of all their standard colours and have realised these are all F&B colours, but with different names. They match the F&B paint sample card exactly. Just saying this as you might then find it's not worth paying the extra for a bespoke colour. In my opinion the colour matches are as follows:
White is All white
Alabaster is James white
Mussel is Shaded white
Cashmere is Purbeck stone
Dakar is Hardwick white
Vanilla is House white
Light Grey is Dimpse
Cornflower blue is Skylight
Sage is Cooking apple green
Obviously best if you order samples and double check the colours though.
I would still recommend visiting the showroom if it isn't too far to travel as they have all the doors in all the colours and you can put them next to each other to properly compare. Also we spent time drinking the free coffee in the Mussel coloured kitchen even though it wasn't the Norton style to really get a feel for what it would be like living with a whole kitchen that colour. Hope this helps.

Lambrilittlelegs Sun 22-Oct-17 17:18:05

Thanks - that’s really useful to know.

Nottsmove16 Mon 23-Oct-17 08:14:24

Also considering this kitchen! Visited recently and was the only one not on display!

NamedyChangedy Fri 27-Oct-17 19:14:13

Saw this thread the other day and meant to say a huge thank you to @GladitsFfriday - such helpful information!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now