Talk

Advanced search

Which house??

(19 Posts)
PhDPepper Fri 20-Oct-17 23:32:40

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-48999540.html

We’re very tempted.. it needs a lot of decorating but I think it’s doable smile

DH loves that one I quite like this one.

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-65445908.html

Which (if any) would you go for?

We’re first time buyers if that makes any difference

bluemarble Fri 20-Oct-17 23:39:27

The first one - decent size rooms for a first house, quiet looking location, catchment for decent schools if that's an issue for you. Yes it needs quite a bit of redecoration/renovation but nothing that serious from the looks of it.

I don't like the second one as it feels much smaller and (for me) the main downside is that it is very close to both an A road and the M1 so I expect it would be noisy.

slinkymolinki Fri 20-Oct-17 23:43:11

First house. You get more house for your money and local schools look good. Good luck! Xx

RumAppleGinger Fri 20-Oct-17 23:43:53

First one. Good room sizes, lovely garden and far more house for your money and you will be able to add value to. Doesn't look like much more than some simple decoration requires.

PurpleWithRed Fri 20-Oct-17 23:45:32

House one for me. Bigger, and has a south facing garden which is my dealbreaker.

MeT00 Fri 20-Oct-17 23:48:15

On streetview that second one looks like it's on or extremely near a major road. That would definitely be a no from me. Horrendous.

tigercub50 Sat 21-Oct-17 00:03:05

Another vote for the first one. You get a lot for your money in that area too by the look of it. We have paid £170K for a 3 bedroom semi & it isn’t as nice & hasn’t got nearly as much land

Ploppie4 Sat 21-Oct-17 05:42:50

Second one has horrid location.

First one could be made into a lovely place with Swedish wooden floors, big double doors on to the garden and updated decor. Lots of potential.

Ploppie4 Sat 21-Oct-17 05:44:33

Also selling on could be problematic with the older house due to location

FinallyDecidedOnUserName Sat 21-Oct-17 05:47:35

First one

icklekid Sat 21-Oct-17 05:48:18

I would choose first house as you would have the money to decorate and make it perfect for your own taste. New bathroom would appeal to me. I would consider prioritising location though? The other thing is cost of buying and selling a 2nd time if you buy smaller one and need to move in a few years?

PrimalLass Sat 21-Oct-17 06:21:52

First one. But I’d have to budget for stud walls to create a small entrance hall. The garden is lovely.

MissDuke Sat 21-Oct-17 06:27:20

Definitely first for all of the reasons above. The 2nd one is very small and poky and not in a good location. It appears over priced compared to the other. It also irritates me that they are calling a mid terrace a 'cottage', fancy way of saying poky maybe?

HollyBollyBooBoo Sat 21-Oct-17 06:30:53

Are these definitely the only two options?

The first one would be better, seems to have a bigger sense of space however the flow of the lounge would really annoy me. I don’t like walking off the street into the lounge and the main sofa is under the stairs.

Bluntness100 Sat 21-Oct-17 06:39:25

House two is by far the prettier house, house one will need a lot of work, but it looks like house two is right next to the motor way....

Easilyflattered Sat 21-Oct-17 12:52:17

Think house one has more potential. And might be suitable for longer. Moving is really expensive you don't want to outgrow a house too soon

keepingbees Sat 21-Oct-17 16:55:39

For me it would be neither sorry; House 1 has open plan stairs which I don't personally like due to heat and noise going straight up (though obviously that's just a personal preference) and also I don't like whatever that building with the railings and air vents is right outside. Depending on what it is it could be a problem with noise or security.
House 2 looks lovely, but it is very small and it looks like there would be a lot of road noise.

Obviously if these things don't bother you then go with whichever you like the best and how much space you need. House 1 would be more future proof due to its size and being 3 bed rather than 2

Crabbo Sat 21-Oct-17 17:00:46

House one for sure. House 2 has some nice features but nothing you couldn’t replicate in house one with a bit of work (wood burner etc). House one is bigger, feels more open etc. Needs some work but that’s what first houses are for smile

emsyj37 Sat 21-Oct-17 17:38:10

House 1 as house 2 has no back garden.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: