Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Glass sink and Induction hob questions

(7 Posts)
Foreverhopeful22 Thu 19-Oct-17 18:35:46

Anyone had one of those tempered glass sinks?? Are they crap or worth it

Plus anyone gone from ceramic hob to induction hob and regretted it?

wowfudge Thu 19-Oct-17 18:49:17

The chinking from things in or on a glass sink would drive me crackers. If it got damaged along an edge, for example, it could go if banged into or something was dropped into it. Tempered class just explodes into lots of tiny pieces like a damaged windscreen. Apart from that, they're fantastic!

DustandRubble Thu 19-Oct-17 18:53:41

Induction hobs are great. I thought I would hate going from gas to electric but induction is so quick & responsive.

Foreverhopeful22 Thu 19-Oct-17 19:10:05

The bowl is stainless it's just the surround

wowfudge Fri 20-Oct-17 00:04:00

You'd still have chinking of everything as it comes into contact with the surround and if it gets damaged, there's the risk it will shatter.

Orangebird69 Fri 20-Oct-17 00:06:24

The clattering. The water marks etc. Just 'no' to the glass sink. Induction hobs are great.

MiaowTheCat Fri 20-Oct-17 09:42:36

Black sinks of any description are the route to madness - we have black composite (?) and it shows every fucking water mark or splash going. Add in kids and a husband who are incapable of turning a tap on gently and just whack it into full-on Niagra Falls mode and I'm forever cleaning the bastard thing.

Induction hobs = fucking awesome. Check yer pans will work (does a magnet stick to them) but I would sulk bitterly at having to go back to gas or basic electric now. Took me a long while to get my brain around the concept that I could touch it, but it would still make a pan hot - I spent a lot of time accusing ours of being witchcraft!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now