Talk

Advanced search

Is this too much for PVC door (I mean, a FANCY pvc door but still, PVC)

(8 Posts)
mousemoose Thu 19-Oct-17 16:46:45

Just starting another thread about our fixer upper fifties semi - we are need to replace dilapidated pvc door with new one, can't afford composite or wood, won't be here more than a couple of years, and appetite / preference for these houses from buyers is def pvc.

We've had quoted for a centred anthracite Georgian-style (arf at Georgian pvc I know but it is what it is) door with mobility strip at bottom, post box at bottom and thumb turn latch inside for fire egress safety. Quote is £1400 (vat included). Is this expensive?

Getting other quotes but viper views appreciated. We're in Northern Ireland where some things are cheaper, some more expensive due to hassle of importing them (eyes national furniture chains frostily).

BitOutOfPractice Thu 19-Oct-17 17:17:57

I think that’s about right

Ask them about the Ironmongery. In particular ask if it’s fitted with a 3 Star lock, and foes it comply with approved document Q.

BitOutOfPractice Thu 19-Oct-17 17:18:15

*does

mousemoose Thu 19-Oct-17 17:20:02

That's really helpful, thanks!

wowfudge Thu 19-Oct-17 18:14:45

Have the letterbox in the middle - the postman will not thank you for having it at the bottom!

BitOutOfPractice Thu 19-Oct-17 18:16:38

If you really want to spook them ask if it’s Secured By Design approved! grin

mousemoose Thu 19-Oct-17 18:28:31

Oh it's up some VERY steep steps so I think he'll be pleased!

mousemoose Thu 19-Oct-17 18:29:27

Bitoutofpractice what does that even mean?!! Explain all this to me so I'm not so clueless!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: