Talk

Advanced search

Has anyone used Ikea kitchen cupboards in the bathroom?

(5 Posts)
whiskyowl Thu 19-Oct-17 13:06:48

I need more bathroom storage, and a white gloss wall cabinet from Ikea would be perfect! My only concern is whether it would stand up to the additional levels of moisture in a bathroom? Has anyone tried this?

dudsville Thu 19-Oct-17 16:34:34

Funnily enough yes. I have ikea kitchen cupboards in a shower room. 5 years on they are fine. The shower room had a broken vent so there's a lot of steam build up.

Pradaqueen Sat 21-Oct-17 04:30:34

I have a pax wardrobe customised in one of my bathrooms which has done well. The only issue with a kitchen cupboard is that the projection is quite a lot more than bathroom cabinets so consider that before fitting or you might find yourself bumping your head if it's above a sink.

Want2bSupermum Sat 21-Oct-17 04:38:35

Yes I have them in our bathrooms. Same ones as yours, the high gloss white ones. They look great and hold up really well. Highly recommend getting some of the white plastic baskets to go inside the shelves so you can pull them out to get to everything.

PrimalLass Sat 21-Oct-17 05:16:31

We’ve just taken some out as they did not stand up to the moisture. The doors were ok but the cupboard frames went all swollen eventually.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: