Talk

Advanced search

Shortest projection toilet ?

(7 Posts)
HideHide Thu 19-Oct-17 11:54:47

Anyone know any shorter than 590? its for a downstairs cloak and the door is proving difficult!
A macerator was mentioned as they can be as short as 450 all in one unit but I'm not confident they're any good in a house with 2 small boys?!

wonkylegs Thu 19-Oct-17 12:46:58

I've not come across one and I've specified quite a few toilets.
You may need to think of other solutions - hang the door the other way?
Sliding door?
Bi-fold door?
Corner toilet?
Different position for toilet?
Different layout?

wonkylegs Thu 19-Oct-17 12:50:39

I've done a teeny tiny downstairs loo where we hid the cistern in the under stairs meter cupboard with the pan on the wall in the understairs wc. It maximised the size for the room that req people to be in it by using a smaller space for the cistern that didn't need head height.

NotMrsTumble Thu 19-Oct-17 12:52:13

I have this www.showerstoyou.co.uk/roper-rhodes-zest-short-projection-back-to-wall-wc-pan-450mm/?gclid=EAIaIQobChMImJeWhc_81gIVwbztCh3DwgnREAQYCiABEgJOR_D_BwE but had the luxury of being able to have back to wall and the cistern in the cupboard under the stairs directly behind the cloakroom. The close coupled toilet in the same range might have a short projection?

Whatthefoxgoingon Thu 19-Oct-17 12:53:03

Best solution is to get a pocket door.

NotMeNoNo Thu 19-Oct-17 15:51:02

Can the door be smaller or open outwards? We had a 24" door on our cloakroom. If it is that tight it may not be possible for a person to get in the room!

HideHide Thu 19-Oct-17 23:56:07

Thanks all. I wanted a pocket door to solve all my problems, but due to the slope of the stairs it would take some mega fiddly engineering to get the correct pocket frame and runners.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now