Talk

Advanced search

Solicitors not replying about exchange please help!

(4 Posts)
Judecarr123 Wed 18-Oct-17 14:33:51

Hi All, I am new on here so hello to everyone,

I am at my wits end and I hope some of you can help. I am so close to exchanging on my flat now but my buyers buyers solicitor did a deed of variation at the last minute and this needs to be filed with the land registry. Me and my buyers have done everything we can.I have rang and left messages, emailed, and no response. I am not sleeping, eating and feeling ill with it all. The last I heard my solicitor said we could exchange and sort that afterwards. I have said how this is making me feel and still nothing. Everyone in the chain all wants this to be exchanged. I am packed and ready to go into storage and stay with friends with my son.Can anypne advise me or help?

Thank you

Desperate

MonkeyJumping Wed 18-Oct-17 14:39:58

When you instructed your solicitors they will have provided a "letter of engagement" setting out their terms of business.

This letter will say who is running your file, who is supervising it and who to contact wit any complaints.

So if you're really desperate and not hearing back from your solicitor, if you contact their supervisor or the complaints person then that should prompt a very speedy response.

Do remember though that none of the lawyers control the land registry and ultimately the registration needs to be dealt with and may take a while.

pingu73 Wed 18-Oct-17 14:41:17

Call again and if solicitor not there ask to speak to a manager/another Solicitor be dogmatic and persistent .
Drove me nuts when we moved last year so I understood your anxiety

Judecarr123 Wed 18-Oct-17 14:59:52

Thank you for replying, yes I know it could take a while its just when the solicitor said the exchange could still go ahead and that could follow and then hear nothing else since. The other thing is I don't want to p*SS my solicitor off!

So close but just want to be communicated with!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now