Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Planning permission conditions

(4 Posts)
SmellTheGlove Tue 17-Oct-17 19:08:51

I'm just ranting really. So angry. After 9 months of nonsense with the planning department to sort out my loft conversion, we have finally got our planning permission but with conditions attached which basically means we still can't start as they want us to submit something else and them to approve it 'before commencing development'. I didn't think I could actually hate a council department but I really think I do...

artisancraftbeer Tue 17-Oct-17 19:19:33

It’s very standard. The planning permission approves the principle of development but there may be materials etc which need to be double check.

In many cases, you can apply for deemed discharge of condition eight weeks from the date you submit the application for discharge of conditions (with the relevant accompanying information) which means you don’t have to wait for the council to approve it. There are limitations which you will need to google.

SmellTheGlove Tue 17-Oct-17 19:37:32

Thank you. I'm going to submit the application for discharging the condition that's not a problem, it's just waiting for it to be approved I don't understand. I was told by the planning officer (who now isn't returning my phone calls) that once we got permission we could build. So I have builders booked in for Monday. I don't know what to do really.

SmellTheGlove Wed 18-Oct-17 14:01:39

Hopeful bump for anyone else's experience of this?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now