Talk

Advanced search

Conveyancing

(5 Posts)
Thewinedidit Tue 17-Oct-17 12:45:43

I'm so frustrated at the whole buying / selling thing right now. Can't proceed with our purchase until our sale is complete. Can't complete sale until we've received paper work from our solicitor who did our initial purchase and they don't seem in any rush to give it to us. Also I am having to contact them and chase them for this not my solicitors, am beginning to wonder what the do for the huge chunk of money they are charging me. We need to move soon. Does anyone have any reassuring tales of conveyancing dragging out but date of move still being adhered to. I need cheering up.

Thewinedidit Tue 17-Oct-17 13:43:41

No one?

feejee Tue 17-Oct-17 13:59:21

No re-assuring story im afraid, but sympathy. It was a relief when our last attempted purchase fell through so we could get rid of the conveyancing solicitor (also selling our house so we couldn't get rid of earlier). They were absolutely useless and didnt answer a single phone call/message for 3 months until the day we pulled out of our purchase. Though she did pull her finger out and exchanged with our buyer and completed within a fortnight. I half blame her for us having to pull out of our purchase as it was all so slow.

Spickle Tue 17-Oct-17 14:01:55

Obviously the date of move can be adhered to if the date in mind is not unrealistic. No-one will know if it is unealistic until each solicitor knows more about the property.

Thewinedidit Tue 17-Oct-17 16:05:09

That sounds like a nightmare fee. I'm not sure I would have been able to stop myself camping out in their offices until the job was done.

We really don't want to change dates as I'm due a baby very soon and the idea of moving with a newborn is hugely unappealing.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now