Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Seller removed item on fittings form. What should I do?

(15 Posts)
ALondonMum2 Mon 16-Oct-17 09:35:32

Hi, I have just completed on a purchase. It turns out that the seller has removed a washing machine that should have been left behind, which had been agreed in the fittings and fixtures form. This has caused me a lot of stress and anxiety.I had specifically asked for the appliance to be left behind and had it agreed in the fittings form, because I was down to the last bit of my savings.

Has this happened to anyone before? Did you have any success recovering the cost of the item removed?

Bluntness100 Mon 16-Oct-17 09:37:19

Yes, I had a wood burner removed that was inc in sale. However, we let it go. You can instruct your solicitor to go after them for the cost or replacement. Speak to them to understand the process and the costs.

specialsubject Mon 16-Oct-17 09:38:40

A brand new washing machine is about £200. If that is causing you stress and anxiety when you have just bought a house, bend your energies to rebuilding savings.

rizlett Mon 16-Oct-17 09:42:17

Whilst its annoying these things happen and most people are so happy with their new house [costing thousands] it doesn't really matter much that you've been 'done' out of a washing machine - despite your insistence that it remain.

It'll probably cost more to chase up through your solicitors in time and money that it would be just to find a second hand one for sale locally.

Viserion Mon 16-Oct-17 09:42:44

I have a spare one in my garage you could have. Try Freecycle or FB selling pages.

You could ring your solicitor and ask them to go to the vendor's solicitor. Be aware though that you might start accumulating legal fees, which is pointless for an old washing machine.

ALondonMum2 Mon 16-Oct-17 10:16:00

Thank you for the replies. I feel very annoyed that they can get away with this. it is almost like they are counting on me not being able to doing anything about it. What's the point of having a legal contract if seller can flaunt it so blatantly? Therefore I think I will pursue legal actions, all the way to the end.

Namethecat Mon 16-Oct-17 10:18:32

Had a few items not in the house when moved in. More annoyed about shrubs/plants removed from the garden.

4yearsnosleep Mon 16-Oct-17 10:22:15

My friend did this and they had to send a cheque to cover it

5rivers7hills Mon 16-Oct-17 11:09:56

The vendors of my sisters house removed all the light fittings taking chunks out of the plaster when they moved out - had to come back with all the light-fittings and pay for an electrician and a plasterer to make good.

My sister had a really good EA and solicitor who got on the case ASAP.

IamImportantToo Mon 16-Oct-17 12:43:25

My should ex did this when he sold. We got a stroppy phone call and threat to sue. He went a bought a second hand one and plumbed it in. He couldn’t see why they were angry. I would have been livid.

specialsubject Mon 16-Oct-17 12:44:57

To be clear - yes, it is a breach of contract, but going after these dicks may cost money that would get you a brand new machine tomorrow.

Sometimes you just have to shout 'arseholes!' And cut your losses.

yoyoyoyoyo Mon 16-Oct-17 12:50:12

We were left with a FULL loft and garage - all packed with shit. There was a wasps nests and three large water tanks in the loft which had to be cut apart to get out.

I had to pay £300 to get it cleared. The sellers solicitor said he couldn’t pass any letters onto her anymore because she had moved and no longer used him and he didn’t have her new address.

He didn’t back down to our solicitors letter. Her estate agent wouldn’t pass on a letter either. Lying sacks of shit. Guess what her profession was?

SHE WAS ALSO AN ESTATE AGENT

MapleLeafRag Mon 16-Oct-17 12:57:45

Any of their mail that the post office don't forward, write RTS (return to sender) and pop back in the post when you can be bothered (like a few months later), don't send it on to them if they've left a forwarding address - fuck 'em!

ALondonMum2 Mon 16-Oct-17 13:19:20

Yoyo, I totally sympathise with you. Coincidentally, I also have a problem with the seller's estate agent. I had gotten them to agree in writing that they would help me obtain the appliance at no cost (in addition to the fittings and contents form), but it turns out the estate agent only agreed to it to con me into exchange. They have since denied any responsibility.

MapleLeaf, my sellers can be sure that they will not get any mails. They also removed the letterbox!

MapleLeafRag Mon 16-Oct-17 13:35:59

Removed the letterbox shock - sound like they would try and steal the steam of your piss if they could!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now