Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Can I have some help with my weird kitchen lay out please

(3 Posts)
Gobbolinothewitchscat Sun 15-Oct-17 23:02:43

Talk_Chat

Threads in this topic are removed 90 days after the thread was started.

Can I have help with my weird kitchen lay out please?1

Today 22:58Gobbolinothewitchscat

We have bought a new house and are just finalising the plans to start renovating next week

We plan to knock the existing kitchen diner in to the dining room. So that would take the dividing wall down which is fine. However, as you look at the plan (attached) you can see there is a bit of wall left to the left (like the other side of the L) If we take that down, we would have to take out the fire and the alcoves and lots of cornicing. But we had friends visiting today and they think we have to as it will look a bit weird with that bit of wall up

Off to speak to some kitchen designers but any thoughts or suggestions most welcome!

Sorry for duplicate thread - posted in chat before I realised there was a DIY topic!

parietal Sun 15-Oct-17 23:11:06

is there a utility room anywhere? if not, I'd leave up the wall and block of that bit of L to make a big utility with plenty of storage / washing space. It is great to get all that out of the kitchen, especially for open-plan living.

alternatively, could you make a big double-width archway in the wall you plan to knock down, but leave the cornice etc. so you have 2 interconnected rooms rather than 1 enormous space. again, I can't see from the plan what the rest of the house is like, but even with an open-plan house it is often nice to have separate spaces for different things.

Gobbolinothewitchscat Mon 16-Oct-17 07:43:20

Utility will be in basement. I think.we are going for the arch but out friends are horrified and think it should all be knocked down. I feel sad about losing the fire though

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now