Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Thoughts on Reddish Stockport?

(8 Posts)
MancGirl Sun 15-Oct-17 11:39:47

Hi there
New here so please go easy on me. We are looking to buy a house and found an affordable one in North Reddish (near the park). Does anyone know the area?

Thanks in advance

Onemoresliceofcakewonthurt Sat 21-Oct-17 13:43:09

Hi ManGirl, are you still looking in the area? I used to live in Reddish until 2014 and can advise x

Onemoresliceofcakewonthurt Sat 21-Oct-17 13:43:48

MancGirl ** do apologise blush I was typing quickly!

Justgivemesomepeace Sat 21-Oct-17 13:48:48

I live in reddish. Pros are I think it's a really friendly place to live and everything is really convenient. Close to stockport and Manchester loads of green spaces, on the doorstep of the vale, really good infrastructure for kids in the way of sports and clubs. It does have it's problems in some parts. Try not to go to far north of the park towards Gorton. Or to the east of the park towards levenshulme.

MancGirl Sat 21-Oct-17 17:49:24

I am indeed and happy for any help

MancGirl Sat 21-Oct-17 17:51:03

Thank you. I’m not too sure how this forum works but hope this gets to you. We are looking at a house on Longford Road West near the golf club. Is it okay there?

Justgivemesomepeace Sat 21-Oct-17 20:40:15

The top end of Longford Rd West is ok. The bottom end towards Levenshulme can be a bit hit and miss. There is a council estate at the bottom end which backs onto Longford rd west which although is not too bad there can be an element of anti social behaviour which can spill out onto Longford Rd West. Think cars racing up and down at night and kids on mopeds etc. The golf club is actually in the middle of reddish not near Longford Rd West but the golf course extends towards it.

MancGirl Sat 21-Oct-17 21:34:03

Thank you

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now