Talk

Advanced search

Disastrous viewing. Laugh or cry?

(11 Posts)
Twopeapods Sat 14-Oct-17 22:53:52

We had a viewing arranged for yesterday lunch time. Our estate agent does all the viewings for us and we clear out and take the dog.
However I had a really important meeting yesterday so I arranged for my sister to come pick up the dog at lunch time. Dog is very nervous and doesn't cope with strangers.
So my sister then FORGETS to pick up dog, and estate agent comes round with clients scares the poor dog half to death and he he peed and pood himself on the spot. Funnily enough I don't think we'll get a second viewing!

FiveShelties Sat 14-Oct-17 22:59:12

You just never know. Years ago I was trying to sell an apartment. Had kept it tidy for two month sand then one night went out, got back very late, threw clothes on couch, fell into bed, fell out of bed in morning and went to work. Left breakfat dishes on table, bathroom really untidy and got home to a card from Estate Agent saying he had brought someone round. Two days later I was offered full asking price and sale went through without a hitch!

FanSpamTastic Sat 14-Oct-17 23:16:23

Our house had been on the market for months with no bites. We changed agent but still nothing to start with. They called up on a Friday to say they had a First Time Buyer couple who wanted to view that day - but I had gone in to labour and had no idea what state I would be in by the time they came round! So had to say no! They deferred until the following week. They bought the house and we moved when DD was 12 weeks old.

thecatsthecats Sun 15-Oct-17 00:27:42

Previous owners of this house had senile cats. They pissed on the bed that was in the spot I'm lying in now. That was eight months ago.

DancingLedge Sun 15-Oct-17 00:32:18

I bought a house that on viewing had a bedroom floor covered with multiple sleeping teenage boys.
Made no difference. I figured the smell would improve with ventilation.

3luckystars Sun 15-Oct-17 01:05:30

Yes it does but you have to completely remove the teenagers from the carpet first or you’ll never get rid of the smell.

Twopeapods Sun 15-Oct-17 10:38:29

This has made me feel better. I was 10 minutes home from that point so they ended up waiting outside, and I came got the dog, cleaned the kitchen floor quickly and they continued with the viewing. Just not had the feedback yet! What a migraine I had started after that. Got another viewing tomorrow so hopefully that goes smoothly!

dotdotdotmustdash Sun 15-Oct-17 10:43:53

I went to view a house on a Sunday morning and the seller apologised when he took me to see the main bathroom as there were two goldfish swimming in the bidet. His teenage son had managed to crack the fish tank the previous evening after a night out and there hadn't been time to replace it.

Twopeapods Sun 15-Oct-17 10:53:22

dotdotdot that is brilliant!grin

millifiori Sun 15-Oct-17 10:56:36

Same as Shelties here. kept the house immaculate and had no luck. Then left knickers and babygrows drying on radiators when agents brought someone round without telling me, and they offered full asking price.

BreakfastAtSquiffanys Sun 15-Oct-17 11:05:34

I'm assuming that it was the dog not the estate agent that peed and pooed?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now