Talk

Advanced search

Anyone want to show me their dream home?

(11 Posts)
Daydreaming88 Sat 14-Oct-17 17:39:32

DH and I were talking about this as we’re in the midst of a property headache - buying something practical but not beautiful.

When we talked about what WOULD be our ideal home, neither of us quite knew what it would be. A chocolate box cottage would be lovely, but we live in a big city. And I like the practicality of somewhere eco friendly, and I’m really keen on big windows and natural light.

So I’d love to know... what’s everyone else’s dream home?

JoJoSM2 Sat 14-Oct-17 22:20:54

Let's start dreaming ;)

If money was no object, I'd live in a new built McMansion. It'd have stunning period proportions (12ft ceilings etc), I'd kit it out with impressive cornicing, fireplaces, marble floors, bespoke cabinetry, lots of original artwork etc. Underneath, the technology would be super modern with all the latest inventions.

I would keep it a manageable size, though. Perhaps 600-700sq m set in 1 acre. That way, I could have staff come 2 days a week or so rather than have strangers under my roof every day.

strongandlong Sat 14-Oct-17 22:53:28

I love this. A snip at under £3,000,000

Daydreaming88 Sun 15-Oct-17 01:52:29

That seems like a reasonable size, JoJoSM2, the bare minimum, i’d say!

Crikey that apartment is beautiful, strongandlong. Those views! I love that estate agent website! (* Now browsing its pages... *)

PerspicaciaTick Sun 15-Oct-17 02:04:24

This one but I suspect it has some problems as it has been on the market for a very long time...so I'd need some spare cash to look after it too.

BriechonCheese Sun 15-Oct-17 02:09:13

I love the home of an Instagrammer called Malmo and Moss.

malmoandmoss.com

It isn't a lottery win house but it's my realistic dream house IYKWIM.

Or any that have bedrooms like Hotel Vernet, in Paris.

LilQueenie Sun 15-Oct-17 02:36:46

Tick the room with the piano and the kitchen remind me very much of Brian May's house. Or at least one of them he had. Could be wrong though.

JoJoSM2 Sun 15-Oct-17 08:50:53

When seeing Tick's house, DH's first reaction was 'what the hell' to the apparently poor rebuilding of the gable end. I'd dread the grade II* listing.

Strong, that's a really cool penthouse. Has anyone seen this medernist pad on the beach? www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-61996390.html

DamsonGin Sun 15-Oct-17 08:53:55

I like that pevensey one, JoJo!

DamsonGin Sun 15-Oct-17 08:55:14

Except that it looks a bit like a small version of Saltdean Lido.

NicolaMarlowsMerlin Sun 15-Oct-17 21:34:24

Something like this www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-67256555.html. Not practical wrt commute etc., but I love the stone, views, land and inside space. Not a hope though!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now