Talk

Advanced search

Please help. Boiler not working.

(11 Posts)
onitlikeacarbonnet Thu 12-Oct-17 21:27:47

My vaillant boiler has an F22 code.

I’ve googled how to fix (needs refilled as bar is at 0.5-0.8) but the valves on the filling loop don’t seem to work.

I recall doing this once before and have done it in a previous property.
There’s just no water running through the pipe when I open the valves. I remember there being resistance when opening them and then, obviously, the sound of running water. But when I open the valves there’s no resistance and no water sound.

I’ve 2 small dc in the house and no hot water or heat. I’m in Scotland and it’s freezing. Can anyone help? Please?!?

Yogagirl123 Thu 12-Oct-17 21:48:18

Try YouTube how to repressurise boiler and model number, we can never remember how to do ours and need to check each time. Good luck OP have you got any back up heating option? Anyone you could borrow some electric heaters from?

onitlikeacarbonnet Thu 12-Oct-17 22:29:11

I’ve googled and watched a couple of YouTube videos.
I think there’s a problem with the valves.

I tried the old trick of turning the boiler off and on again but it made some odd noises as it kept trying to fire up.
It’s in ds’s bedroom so I turned it off. I don’t want to chance it.

onitlikeacarbonnet Thu 12-Oct-17 22:29:53

Sorry, I’m so rude blush
Thank you yogagirl

Pastacube Thu 12-Oct-17 22:32:35

would get someone in, sounds like you know what you're doing. I would probably unhelpfully suggest buying a small plug in heater in case of emergencies like this so you can at least keep warm in the short term.

anyoldname76 Thu 12-Oct-17 22:34:17

if you phone a decent gas engineer tomorrow, tell them the make model and gc number of the boiler, they should be able get you a price on a fitting a new filling loop and valves, save you paying a call out charge for the initial diagnosis

Believeitornot Thu 12-Oct-17 22:36:04

We had this error code with our boiler - it actually had an internal leak and needed fixing.

In the meantime, have you got hot water bottles? Boil up the kettle and use the hot water bottles for overnight.

delilahbucket Thu 12-Oct-17 22:40:30

We had this. We needed a new pressure sensor. To keep us going dp turned the boiler completely off and back on again to reset it and upped the pressure again. We did have to get an emergency call out but did it during the day so it was cheaper.

onitlikeacarbonnet Thu 12-Oct-17 23:08:12

I’ll call the company who fitted it in the morning.
Thanks for all your ideas.
I have a hot water bottle.
Will invest in a wee heater for emergencies too.
Feel a little better knowing it’s possibly not just me being stupid.
Actually feel better knowing it’s possibly not just me being dense.

Humptynumpty02 Thu 12-Oct-17 23:21:07

Feeling your pain OP.

We are having similar issue, losing pressure but I'm managing to top up the tank again and get the pressure back to 1. 5 bars but this only lasts a couple of days and then pressure is back to 0. Anyone care to suggest what might be the issue?

onitlikeacarbonnet Fri 13-Oct-17 00:02:16

I think you have a leak humpty

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: