Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Cheaper electric boiler quote?

(4 Posts)
stirling Thu 12-Oct-17 16:48:41

In London? I've got a tiny 1 bed flat, the quote over the phone was around 2.5k for an electric boiler plus 3 radiators (currently gas). Price includes installation.

Now, having visited the flat (nice location) they've bumped the price right up to £4200 which I'm struggling with. I'm a single mum and just don't have that sort of money but I have to change to electric according to the new advice via service management Co.

Any recommendations? Advice? Thanks

stirling Thu 12-Oct-17 21:47:44

Anyone?

nightshade Thu 12-Oct-17 22:04:16

It's London. ..if you were across the sea I wold say that was extortionate....

johnd2 Tue 17-Oct-17 09:55:14

Why change to electric? Gas is way cheaper to run.
Presumably they knew the location over the phone but they couldn't see the flat, anything that seems trivial can increase the cost. Were you expecting a nice location to make it cheaper? At least his tools won't get nicked I suppose.
Maybe you have a floor that they can't take up to put cables in, or maybe you have expensive wall paper.
Ask for more information, and get a couple more quotes.
But don't expect electric to be cheaper in the long run, unless your gas bill is tiny at the moment.
If you're paying 600 a year in gas to heat now it'll be 1800 in electric. So electric might be a false economy.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now