Talk

Advanced search

Help me with sofa placement (with badly drawn picture)?

(10 Posts)
sproutoclock Thu 12-Oct-17 11:32:33

We have an odd shaped room with 2 doors that are used for access all the time.
I need to get seating for 5 people in somehow but because of the tv point (not moveable) and the fireplace I'm stuck.
A 3 seater and a 2 seater would be my choice by DH says that it'll look like a corridor is adamant that a 3 seater and 2 arm chairs would be the solution.

I'm not keen on the 3 piece suite look. Any ideas would be welcome.

GinGeum Thu 12-Oct-17 11:48:11

I would either do an L shaped sofa where your bigger sofa is on the diagram, plus an armchair at a slant next to the fireplace, or I would have a big sofa in the middle of the back wall with an armchair either side, but not all three matching each other.

We have a sofa plus two armchairs, but one armchair is a big brown leather one, and the other chair is a more upright wing-backed one. I agree with you about not liking the three piece suite thing.

scaryteacher Thu 12-Oct-17 12:18:38

The Ektorp corner sofa from IKEA is great, and not too expensive. We have one and it's done sterling service.

Baxdream Thu 12-Oct-17 12:39:50

We currently have armchairs. It suits our lounge perfectly but I hate them. They’re so antisocial! We have a sofa and two wingbacks x

Iliketurtles Thu 12-Oct-17 12:48:32

Obviously far too invested in your furniture confused. However. This is what I tend to do draw your room to scale more or less and then pkay with cut outs.

I would turn the 2 sofas to 45degrees and add side tables or a coffee table

sproutoclock Thu 12-Oct-17 13:10:43

turtles you are good at this, I like the angles. Will have a play in the room.
Other option is a sofa with a chaise bit attached and a 'love seat' which I've found out is a wide arm chair.
Thanks so much for the help.

CoffeeCupCake Thu 12-Oct-17 16:01:57

Hmmm that’s a really tricky room shape. Can you get an armchair or love seat in that alcove opposite the tv? And something else against the wall between the alcove and the door?
Personally I like sofas/chairs against walls otherwise I think it makes rooms cluttered and seem smaller. Having said that, it doesn’t look like you have enough wall free for all the seating you need. An L shaped sofa could be good, but I’m not sure where!

Sorry, not very helpful!!

sproutoclock Thu 12-Oct-17 18:05:41

Thanks Coffee,
The alcove is a bit too far from the telly, and a bit too cut off to be useful. We've put bookshelves and might put a console table in there.

My latest thoughts are a biggish sofa across the alcove with two different armchairs where the two seater is on the plan.
Or a L shaped sofa, but it's a very old house so might seem a bit modern for the style. Also DH has a thing about having an armchair.

ArbitraryName Thu 12-Oct-17 18:08:49

We have a sofa (3 seater) and two arm chairs in our living room. The armchairs match each other but look completely different to the sofa to avoid the three piece suite look.

Heratnumber7 Thu 12-Oct-17 18:18:35

You can move the TV point.
Or rather you can buy a length of co-ax cable and run an extension round the room to where you want the TV to be. Same for power - use extn lead.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now