Talk

Advanced search

Shower room tips (thoughts from those with teenagers/older children particularly welcome!)

(3 Posts)
soundsystem Thu 12-Oct-17 09:52:15

Inspired by the bathroom thread (some of which obviously also applies)...

Any tips of things to think about when putting in a new shower room that I might not be aware of? Have done a fair amount of renovation work on previous properties, but have somehow managed to avoid everydoing a bathroom or shower room.

It will be in a new loft extension which will have two bedrooms as well as the shower room. The children who will have the rooms are still at the bath-once-or-twice-a-week rather than shower-every-day stage, but makes sense to put it in now rather than later.

Giving it will ultimately be shared by two teenagers, I'm thinking easy-to-clean and with a fair amount of storage?

JigglyTuff Thu 12-Oct-17 10:00:47

Mine has wall to ceiling tiles with a dipped floor eg a wet room. If you have space, I'd recommend that because glass shower walls look grim pretty quickly unless you're very diligent with the squeegee after every shower.

newtlover Thu 12-Oct-17 10:04:11

we have panels (like formica) rather than tiles, hence no grout, which is much easier to keep clean

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now