Talk

Advanced search

Moving bathroom

(5 Posts)
Skittle22 Wed 11-Oct-17 00:01:56

We live in a 2 up 2 down, which at some point was extended adding a kitchen with bathroom behind downstairs and a 3rd bedroom above. I'd really like the bathroom upstairs. We could live with just 2 bedrooms but what to do with the downstairs bathroom? Extend the kitchen? Which would make it very long and narrow. Or the idea I'm preferring, make the old bathroom into a study/bedroom. The current kitchen fits all we need and has a dining room attached. Just not sure if it would be weird having a bedroom downstairs, especially when it came to selling. The downstairs bathroom is about 12' x8'.

RebeccaWithTheGoodHair Wed 11-Oct-17 10:12:10

Or you could make it into a decent sized utility/laundry/boot room with a downstairs loo? Personally I wouldn't like a bedroom or study off the kitchen but would always appreciate somewhere to hide clutter and a place for people to pee so they don't have to use the main bathroom.

5rivers7hills Wed 11-Oct-17 11:44:36

Can you squeeze in a shower room between bed 1+2 or half of bed 3? Well a 1/4 of bed 3 really as you'll need a corridor.

Then either keep the downstairs one as a 'bathroom' with a bath or make into a nice loo-tility with WM, TD and cupboard space and downstairs WC.

If not and you loose bed 3 totally then I don't think it's worth making a study/bedroom in the old bathroom - better to have a nice loo-tility as above.

peachy94 Wed 11-Oct-17 14:26:43

I'd make it a utility room or leave it as a bathroom? If you have young DC it's easier to shower them off downstairs after football etc.

JoJoSM2 Wed 11-Oct-17 14:58:20

I would definitely prefer the bathroom upstairs with a study downstairs. If needed, guests could sleep in the study so you’d get the same use of the house as someone having 3 bedrooms upstairs.

Personally, I find downstairs bathroom inconvenient and wouldn’t like running up and down to use it. I also find it pretty gross that I could be cooking/baking and getting a whiff of someone next door having a poo confused

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: