Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

should i keep parquet floor - or sell

(7 Posts)
siftingflour Tue 10-Oct-17 21:48:03

hello - i have some parquet floor in my house that is being dug up and out for an extension... the builders started removing it today and have sent me a picture of the bits of wood ... they want to know if i want to keep it? do i? do you think it has any resale value? the youngest this is going to be is 40 years old, but it might be older.
grateful for advice

ChristinaParsons Tue 10-Oct-17 21:51:52

Yes you do. It is very expensive

ChristinaParsons Tue 10-Oct-17 21:52:55

You may be looking at £100 per square metre second hand

siftingflour Tue 10-Oct-17 21:57:35

thanks very much. i've asked the builder to stack it up for me. do you know the best place to resell. or what kind of info i need to give for someone to resell. i'm rubbish at this sort of stuff.

Loumate666 Tue 10-Oct-17 21:58:34

I managed to sell a load of mine a few years back - it was stuck down with bitumen so a bit messy. Some had been covered in carpet so a different colour and also full of holes from carpet grips. I stuck it on eBay on a 28 day auction and got around £15 per square metre

Loumate666 Tue 10-Oct-17 22:01:14

Sorry, just seen your post - suggest that you specify block size (length, width and depth) and approx number of square meters of whole pieces and then chuck in the off-cuts for free.

Likeaninjanow Tue 10-Oct-17 22:04:30

This type of stuff goes very quickly on Gumtree.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now