Talk

Advanced search

Shower over bath problem please help.

(4 Posts)
nodogsinthebedroom Mon 09-Oct-17 21:31:23

We are having a new upstairs bathroom fitted and stressing over decisions re the shower.

The shower needs to be over the bath (no room for both in that room*) and definitely needs to include a handheld shower on a hose. I would also like it to have an overhead shower because they are more pleasant to use. We have found a bath shower mixer that has both these functions and doesn't cost the earth however the brand (Saggitarius?) is not hugely reputable and DP is concerned that it may start leaking. (This brand also appears to be the only one who makes these things which maybe says something about how workable they are in practice.) I'll call that option A. Other options are B: get a hand held bath shower mixer that can hook above the head from a good company and live without a lovely overhead shower in the upstairs bathroom, or C: spend £££ getting a proper shower with both functions plumbed into the wall over the bath (we could just about afford this but it's not ideal).

*For clarity: we do have a nice shower room downstairs but I'm not a huge fan of carrying clothes and towels etc up and down stairs and would prefer the option of a decent shower upstairs.

Our water pressure upstairs seems to be OK (flow rate is about 12l per minute).

Any thoughts or advice would be appreciated!

JoJoSM2 Mon 09-Oct-17 21:41:24

We’ve got a rain shower with a handheld option + separate bath filler taps. It works well as we’ve gone with a thermostatic valve so it’s nice set the temperature. Presumably that wouldn’t be possible if all the functions were combined in one. Not sure what brand we’ve got but it’s something decent as we had bad experience with cheap stuff before.

nodogsinthebedroom Mon 09-Oct-17 21:45:46

Thanks JoJo!

I forgot to say that the Sagittarius one is actually thermostatic which is good, but just isn't from one of the best known brands, hence the worry.

nodogsinthebedroom Tue 10-Oct-17 07:57:12

Bumping for any morning thoughts on showers

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now