Talk

Advanced search

Should I chase up EA?

(9 Posts)
SellMyFlat Mon 09-Oct-17 13:38:04

Hi all
I've not sold a property before (first time seller) and whilst I don't want to hound my EA, should they be communicating with right from when my property goes online?

My house was listed last Wednesday evening, but thus far, I've not heard a thing. I appreciate that must mean no one has called to enquire sob but should the EA be keeping me up to date on this? I.e 'no one has called' etc? Trying to be patient but not sure if it's right that they've not been in contact at all

specialsubject Mon 09-Oct-17 13:39:47

They work for you, they keep you informed. If they are no good at that, sack them. Same for the solicitor.

Get on the phone, and clarify how often you are going to hear from them.

SellMyFlat Mon 09-Oct-17 13:45:26

Thanks for replying. I also feel uneasy about it but wasn't sure if it was just first time nerves. Quite frustrating as I chose them as it is an EA I know personally so I thought if anything, they'd be keener to keep me up to date confused

Stressful enough time without thinking I have gone with the wrong EA after all sad

Mollieben Mon 09-Oct-17 14:41:44

I would ring. We didn't hear from ours for a few days but turns out they were saving the viewings for a particular day. Ring and check whether there has been any interest yet

SellMyFlat Mon 09-Oct-17 15:32:48

Thanks Mollie - I shall give that a go aswell. Like I say, I didn't want to hound them as they'll get sick of me if I call every time I have a niggle in back of my head smile

If I hear nothing tomorrow, I'll try tomorrow afternoon. It'll then be nearly a week since it was listed

OlennasWimple Mon 09-Oct-17 15:35:25

I'd call them now to see how the weekend went and what interest there has been so far. If they are getting any feedback, it's good to get it asap so that - where possible - you can tweak things to improve the likelihood of a sale

SellMyFlat Mon 09-Oct-17 16:04:09

Definitely.

I know it's quite a hard time to sell - Xmas coming up etc - but if there is no interest, I'll need to re-look at things. I just feel very out of control with this and trying not to bug the EA to the point of them getting frustrated with me smile (I've only called once so far since the photos were taken)

Easilyflattered Mon 09-Oct-17 16:10:45

My house has been on the market two weeks, and in that time except for Sundays, I have heard from my agent pretty much everyday. Four viewings arranged, feedback from the viewers, how many people they've e mailed my house details to, which newspaper my house will appear in as part of the agent's ad, etc. There'll be an official mini review after two weeks on market.

Basically telling me how they're earning their commission.

SellMyFlat Mon 09-Oct-17 16:27:27

Thanks Easilyflattered - seems I wasn't worrying for nothing. It would be nice to know even if there hasn't been any interest. Communication would put me at ease. My EA knows this though so it's a little frustrating

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now