Talk

Advanced search

Bosch Heat Pump Condenser Tumble Drier - Yay or Nay?

(9 Posts)
whyismykid Mon 09-Oct-17 12:53:58

Just moved from a rental flat with an awesome tumble drier, not heat pump, energy guzzling beast of a thing, but everything dried in less than an hour - everything, and properly dry. I have had driers before that you open after 90 minutes and everything is just warm and wet!

I wish you could try them in the shop, but a nice salesman just told me this was the best option. Anyone have one? or another awesome condenser Tumble drier that they would recommend? (We are a family of four, live in Scotland and use the drier A LOT!)

guilty100 Mon 09-Oct-17 14:06:09

Following this with interest.

My impression with a lot of appliances is that there's an increasing trend towards longer cycles as standard, as these are more energy efficient. I think the really A-rated dryers tend to have quite long cycles. To me, that's fine because I do a load every day so I'm never rushing for things.

PickAChew Mon 09-Oct-17 14:10:52

My John Lewis heat pump dryer has about 6kg of towels dry in about 2 hours. I do have to select extra extra dry to persuade it to do its job properly, mind. It's a fickle beast.

ClariceClap Mon 09-Oct-17 14:23:22

We've had nothing but problems with a Bosch condensing dryer. Breaks down, rubbish customer service, shuts off when it thinks things are dry but they aren't. Wasn't cheap either. Avoid!

SwedishEdith Mon 09-Oct-17 14:37:02

Got the JL heat pump dryer as well. You have to get used it. They're AEGs, I think.

whyismykid Mon 09-Oct-17 16:25:59

Ok, that's all useful! Thank you!

PigletJohn Mon 09-Oct-17 16:41:54

they're now reasonable value, but they do seem to be more troublesome than simpler driers.

There are even people who talk of a "secret" way to open a hatch and remove fluff blockages, not mentioned in the manual.

it seems incredible

hiddenmnetter Mon 09-Oct-17 20:14:10

We have a bosch heat pump dryer and i quite like it. As mentioned above I have to make sure i set it to 'extra dry' to get things actually dry, but using my dryer for pretty well EVERY load of washing (approx 5-6/week)my energy bill only went up by about £8-10/month. What I really dislike about it is the tone it makes when it's finished drying. My Samsung washing machine plays a jaunty little tune and then stops. The bloody bosch makes an aggressive very 'german' noise and repeats ad nauseum until you get up to acknowledge it. Drives me spare!

Other than that i'm perfectly happy with it. I also got it off AO.com and purchased their monthly warranty (£4 or £5/month) which covers any and all damage with an old-for-new policy and zero excess. Mathematically if you presume that you use it once the machine reaches its life span (say, 10 years) then you're talking about £500 over 10 years anyway, but i'd rather do it that way as it feels unnoticeable in the monthly bills.

BubblesBuddy Mon 09-Oct-17 21:10:47

Just get a decent Miele! You will find them reliable and do everything except wash the dishes!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now