Talk

Advanced search

Reusing curtains

(10 Posts)
CrabappleCake Sun 08-Oct-17 09:08:35

Got a pair of lined long very dull curtains in spare room. They are a yellow cream.

What colour could I put on walls to make the less dull?

Or can you dye curtsins?

Footle Sun 08-Oct-17 09:24:21

If you know what the fabric is you may be able to dye them. Will they fit in your washing machine, even one at a time?

JoJoSM2 Sun 08-Oct-17 09:26:07

I’d put a similar colour on the wall to create a neutral backdrop. If you like bright colours, you can add them with accessories (pictures, cushions, a rug).

CrabappleCake Sun 08-Oct-17 09:33:33

I've always kind of hated them as they were against the awful peach that was on the walls when we moved in, that always made a really bright room look a bit grubby.

Might be better up against new cream paint with some accessories. Til, recently was Dss room who had no truck with accessories.

JoJoSM2 Sun 08-Oct-17 09:47:26

Why are you keeping them if you hate them hmm Just spend £50 on a new pair.

CrabappleCake Sun 08-Oct-17 09:53:58

They were v expensive.

Footle Sun 08-Oct-17 10:09:56

Charity shops are a great source of curtains.

JoJoSM2 Sun 08-Oct-17 11:12:37

How valuable are they now if you tried to sell them? I wouldn’t look at the value of something years ago. Same as I would give a 10-year-old designer bag to a charity shop if i didn’t like it rather than trying to cover up the fact it’s ugly and I hate it with my clothes.

Rosehips Sun 08-Oct-17 11:13:19

Duck egg?

CrabappleCake Sun 08-Oct-17 19:30:44

I don't think they are saleable. Duck egg could work quite well.

I think I'll keep any eye for charity shop ones...and think about ditching these in exchange.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now