Advanced search

house insurance during building works

(3 Posts)
siftingflour Sat 07-Oct-17 14:23:17

i've got a pretty boring question. if you had building works and had to move out - what did you do with your house insurance? did you add anything to it, or does the builders insurance cover the work while you are absent. i understood i just had normal house and then it was the builders responsibility while i wasn't there - and thats what the architect and builder are saying too - but someone else is telling me that's wrong and i need to get special building insurance (although i can't work out what that would be, other than insuring the works myself which would cost five per cent of the total build cost!).
advice? experience?

Walkingdeb Sat 07-Oct-17 14:36:34

We used a company called Renovation Plan who were quite reasonable, though it may be worth checking with your current house insurers to see if your policy already covers you.

jaffajiffy Sat 07-Oct-17 20:46:11

We used Arch insurance. They have rules about whether someone is living there and how secure the site is. I'd get it sorted properly if I were you.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: