Talk

Advanced search

Do you think front door and garage door should match?

(6 Posts)
dudsville Sat 07-Oct-17 08:48:04

I've been working on the notion that they should match, and I was going for unpainted oak, but we've just found a door advertised in an old green and really liked it. Would it be too "loud" to have the garage door matching?

JoJoSM2 Sat 07-Oct-17 10:25:15

‘Old green’ - is that some sort of a muted colour? Sounds nice and not too much. I’d prefer the doors to match if it’s a semi or a detached with an attached garage a few metres from the front door. If it’s an old, quirky property, then the colours might not matter that much or it might even look better without matching.

IfYouGoDownToTheWoodsToday Sat 07-Oct-17 10:26:20

Agree with Jojo

dudsville Sat 07-Oct-17 22:08:06

Ok, thanks, yes it's a detached property but only a few feet between houses. The house is 1930's and the green is very 1930's, and the green is nearer moss than lime but def between the two. My neighbours all have more sedated black and while except for someone up the road who has an exciting yellow. I realise I've thought too much about them ad not enough about what will make me happy.

JoJoSM2 Sat 07-Oct-17 23:02:21

The green sounds nice for the front door and garage. I wouldn’t worry about the colours neighbours used as your green is likely to look nicer and more interesting.

Surpriseeggsforbreakfast Fri 20-Oct-17 21:46:14

I'm trying to decide as we are having our front door and garage painted soon. I would have liked a bright/quirky colour on front door but think it looks better if the garage and front door match so might have to go for something more muted.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now