Talk

Advanced search

Information on living in Chester

(4 Posts)
LittleDyn1982 Wed 04-Oct-17 12:28:54

Hi

A job opportunity has come up in Chester. Before we plan a visit for ourselves, could anyone shed some light on the area. Where are the nicer areas in Chester (and therefore good schools. Eldest is in reception, youngest at nursery) and which are the areas to avoid? I see there are some areas which may have more students due to the university, which we would want to avoid.
From my look at Google imges, the town centre looks gorgeous! But that's literally all I know about the place. I'm sure it's also a lot cheaper than where we are in Surrey.
Thanks in advance....

JustMuddlingOn Thu 05-Oct-17 15:19:26

Chester is so lovely! Hoole is really nice for families as is Handbridge from what I hear but not much experience there. Loads of good schools and activities. We're focusing pur search on Hoole and out away from the city towards Mickle trafford, Tarvin and Frodsham which area all lovely village type places. Hooles great for walking distance to everywhere and great facilities.

StripyHorse Sun 15-Oct-17 23:16:05

Hoole, Huntington, Guilden Sutton, Upton are all nice areas if you have the budget. Don't know about schools though.

WowserBowser Sun 15-Oct-17 23:25:27

Hoole and Handbridge are nice.

I used to live in Chester but more town centre. Also lived in Tarporley but that's just a village and about 20 minutes away so I'm not sure if you would fancy that.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now