Talk

Advanced search

How much notice before exchange?

(5 Posts)
perhapstomorrow Sat 23-Sep-17 01:40:52

We have been in a smallish chain of 4 since May. We still haven't exchanged but I am hoping we are close. Our conveyencer hasn't given us any indication of when we might exchange. Just wandering how much notice everyone had for the exchange date. I am hoping that all of a sudden we will be exchanging!

DragonMamma Sat 23-Sep-17 08:11:16

I have no idea what the norm is but I've asked my solicitor to give me a day or twos notice and let the vendor know I want to view again, close to exchange as I want to check nothing drastic has happened to it since July!

specialsubject Sat 23-Sep-17 09:28:59

Your conveyancer should be able to tell you what is still awaited.

It is mn law that solicitors are sacred and must not be chased up, and always do a good job of communications. Sod that.

fucksakefay Sat 23-Sep-17 09:39:58

Exchange only happens when everyone is ready
That means everything signed, all enquiries raised and answered and searches received and queries on searches satisfactory. Everyone needs their mortgage offer and solicitors to ensure all mortgage conditions complied with.
The solicitors don't say because most of the time they are waiting for things out of their control. (Answers from others)

It always makes me shake my head when I see "we are exchanging on 1st October " because it can't be planned like that. Either the chain is ready or they are not. Find out what is still outstanding, who has to provide that outstanding info and get the estate agents on it to chase everyone.

Finally when everyone is ready all the solicitors in the chain need to be in the office at the same time to speak to each other

user1499786242 Sat 23-Sep-17 19:24:38

In the same position! This waiting game is shit
I ring my solicitors every other day and yet I still have no idea what's going on! Load of shit they are!
Our proposed completion date is 6th October, it's the only date everyone in the chain can agree on
So technically we have to exchange by the Friday before as our solicitor wants one week from exchange to completion!
No idea if everyone is ready tho
We have signed and are ready to go!
Think I need to do some chasing on Monday!

We were meant to be moving yesterday, fucking vendors and their holiday they conveniently booked two weeks ago

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now