Talk

Advanced search

Opinions on my tiles please!

(15 Posts)
BiscuitsBathroom Fri 22-Sep-17 18:41:38

I fell in love with all these tiles today, but I need confirmation that they all "go"! The wood effect ones are for the floor. But do you think the two wall types go together?? I mean the fact that the white one is mosaic effect. Do you think it will be too much overall? Should I go for a more plain white tile? Thanks!

BiscuitsBathroom Fri 22-Sep-17 18:43:14

I should say, he coloured tile is more pastel than it looks here.

Alicetherabbit Fri 22-Sep-17 19:14:27

I love them, but I would have that much of them, maybe a line of three or five?

BiscuitsBathroom Fri 22-Sep-17 19:20:56

Thanks Alice, but what do you mean about the amount? I'm not 100% about how much of the coloured one I'll use, but probably a full strip up the middle of the bath and maybe 6 lines along the top of the toilet/sink splashback area. Is that what you mean?

JumpingJellybeanz Fri 22-Sep-17 19:24:50

I love the coloured ones but don't think they go so well with the white one. I think I'd go for a plainer white one.

LovingLola Fri 22-Sep-17 19:25:39

Don't get the wood effect floor tiles. They will date very badly...

justdontevenfuckingstart Fri 22-Sep-17 19:31:16

They don't go with the white tile, maybe just a plain beige instead. They look lovely with the floor tile. Don't think that will date too quickly. Your tiler will lover cutting those interlocked mosaics tho because they don't look as good if you run them the other way.

JoJoSM2 Fri 22-Sep-17 19:48:03

I think a bigger plain white tie would offset the coloured tiles better. With the small white tiles it looks messy. If it's wood effect tiles on the floor, then I wouldn't have them as it just makes it all too messy (different styles, textures etc). I'd make the floor white or a neutral colour picked up from the coloured tiles.

Bumdishcloths Fri 22-Sep-17 19:58:14

The coloured ones are amazing! I'd go for a plain white rectangular tile below though, too much texture otherwise

Maverick66 Fri 22-Sep-17 20:06:26

What bumdiscloths says.
I would be tempted to go plain white on floor .

Hidihihidiho Fri 22-Sep-17 20:38:24

Yeah not sure they do go with the white. a plan white tile would be better.

BiscuitsBathroom Fri 22-Sep-17 21:47:09

Thanks for the replies. I'll definitely have a look for a different white tile then. The others I saw were cheaper anyway grin Don't fancy white on the floor though. Thought the wood effect would be okay if I got an oak mirror cabinet, standing cabinet, etc. This is bloody hard for one so indecisive!

JoJoSM2 Fri 22-Sep-17 22:31:55

Well, maybe that will work. I see what you mean about getting other oak bits to match.

Mosaic123 Sat 23-Sep-17 14:04:22

I like the wood ones and the coloured ones are pretty too. I think giant white ones, ideally matt rather than shiny, would be a good compliment to the others.

BiscuitsBathroom Sat 23-Sep-17 15:35:40

I went for this one in the end. (From my local supplier, not VP). So that's them all ordered. No going back!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now