Talk

Advanced search

Which taps? Bristan or Grohe?

(11 Posts)
MissisBoote Fri 22-Sep-17 14:18:36

Finally narrowed down the tap selection and is between a bristan or a Grohe?

Which make is best?

BubblesBuddy Fri 22-Sep-17 14:51:14

Grohe. Just better design - normally. Top quality too.

borntobequiet Fri 22-Sep-17 14:55:08

For some reason thought this was a baby name thread and was prepared to say sounds like taps to me...

jigster01 Fri 22-Sep-17 16:07:22

Agreed Grohe ..we have in loo downstairs and bathroom ...very nice

PigletJohn Fri 22-Sep-17 18:28:04

Before you make up your mind, have a look at price and availability of service parts. There is a very big difference.

For quality and reliability, Bristan beats Grohe by a tiny margin. But style and appearance are different.

BubblesBuddy Fri 22-Sep-17 20:11:05

Bristan look dated. My taps have never gone wrong. Never needed spare parts!

Badgertastic Fri 22-Sep-17 20:18:08

I love our grohe taps!

skinoncustard Fri 22-Sep-17 21:02:29

I have both , bathroom, all taps, push flush, plumbed in shower - Bristan. Toilet, tap and push flush - Grohe. Both 15 years old , no complaints about either , still all look like new.
Bristans customer service absolutely superb!
About 2 years ago we had a problem with the shower not mixing the water properly, phoned Bristan for advice - they couldn't have been more helpful, diagnosed the problem over the phone . It was one of two things , they sent the two parts overnight ( no charge) , with clear instructions of how to replace them ourselves. Last year the ceramic part inside the sink tap went , again exactly the same service. It was a pleasure to deal with a company that backs their products with fabulous customer service .

PigletJohn Fri 22-Sep-17 21:36:42

their taps are better than their showers.

Aqualisa round mixers are better.

MissisBoote Sat 23-Sep-17 11:32:52

Thanks for the insight. I do prefer the style of the Grohe ones.

TheSerengeti Sat 23-Sep-17 12:10:47

Husbands is a plumber and says Grohe

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: