Talk

Advanced search

Which taps? Bristan or Grohe?

(11 Posts)
MissisBoote Fri 22-Sep-17 14:18:36

Finally narrowed down the tap selection and is between a bristan or a Grohe?

Which make is best?

BubblesBuddy Fri 22-Sep-17 14:51:14

Grohe. Just better design - normally. Top quality too.

borntobequiet Fri 22-Sep-17 14:55:08

For some reason thought this was a baby name thread and was prepared to say sounds like taps to me...

jigster01 Fri 22-Sep-17 16:07:22

Agreed Grohe ..we have in loo downstairs and bathroom ...very nice

PigletJohn Fri 22-Sep-17 18:28:04

Before you make up your mind, have a look at price and availability of service parts. There is a very big difference.

For quality and reliability, Bristan beats Grohe by a tiny margin. But style and appearance are different.

BubblesBuddy Fri 22-Sep-17 20:11:05

Bristan look dated. My taps have never gone wrong. Never needed spare parts!

Badgertastic Fri 22-Sep-17 20:18:08

I love our grohe taps!

skinoncustard Fri 22-Sep-17 21:02:29

I have both , bathroom, all taps, push flush, plumbed in shower - Bristan. Toilet, tap and push flush - Grohe. Both 15 years old , no complaints about either , still all look like new.
Bristans customer service absolutely superb!
About 2 years ago we had a problem with the shower not mixing the water properly, phoned Bristan for advice - they couldn't have been more helpful, diagnosed the problem over the phone . It was one of two things , they sent the two parts overnight ( no charge) , with clear instructions of how to replace them ourselves. Last year the ceramic part inside the sink tap went , again exactly the same service. It was a pleasure to deal with a company that backs their products with fabulous customer service .

PigletJohn Fri 22-Sep-17 21:36:42

their taps are better than their showers.

Aqualisa round mixers are better.

MissisBoote Sat 23-Sep-17 11:32:52

Thanks for the insight. I do prefer the style of the Grohe ones.

TheSerengeti Sat 23-Sep-17 12:10:47

Husbands is a plumber and says Grohe

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now