Talk

Advanced search

Estate agent fees

(8 Posts)
Reasgirl Sun 17-Sep-17 19:37:20

Can anyone advise on estate agents commission prices and fees Glasgow South side. Local agents are Clyde, slater Hogg, Allan Harris and countrywide etc. Dreading a huge bill!

JoJoSM2 Sun 17-Sep-17 21:51:52

Just go with an online agent. We used Property Eagle. It only cost a few hundred. They took professional photos, did the floor plan, advertised on all the main websites and booked appointments + got involved with the process until completion. We did our own viewings - I found that helpful as I knew the property and area well and knew I wouldn't rush any viewings etc.

Glasgowgal2 Sun 17-Sep-17 22:13:08

Hi i sold my my flat in shawlands last year and compared 3 estate agents:

Allen and harris commission fees £1200
Marketing fees & home report survey £600

Pacitti Jones
Commission fees: Fixed fee of 1k or 1% plus vat of sale
Marketing: £359
Home report survey: £438

Corum
Commission fees: based upon sale price...0.9% for sale up to 120k, 1% for 120-125k, 1.1% for over 125k

£480 marketing
£420 survey

I went with corum in the end as trusted them to get the most for my property - I ended up getting 15k more than what Allen and harris were valuing it at. I would use pacitti jones in future also as they worked hard for the people whose house I bought...

I would personally avoid slater and hogg and countrywide like the plague. As a buyer they were awful to prospective clients and wouldn't trust them....i put an offer on a house through slater and I doubt they even passed the offer on to seller as they immediately called back and said its now sold (I checked months later and I had offered more than what it sold for)...very untrustworthy

Glasgowgal2 Sun 17-Sep-17 22:16:41

As an aside, most estate agents expect you to do all your own viewings....in my current street quite a few flats went up for sale over last year with various estate agents....i noticed purple bricks took a good while longer to sell than others....

Reasgirl Wed 20-Sep-17 23:14:21

Thanks very useful info!

Njcr Wed 20-Sep-17 23:30:47

I recently sold with countrywide. I can't remember the exact fees but it was around £1300 including home report - they matched another lower quote I had. They did all my viewings and included things like floor plan and video in the price, where as the other agents I had round would charge separately for them. I was really pleased with the service I got from them.

Catinthecorner Thu 21-Sep-17 00:12:15

Personally if you have a decent camera or a friend with one I'd try to sell it yourself.

RandomlyGenerated Thu 21-Sep-17 07:30:29

Home report will probably be a fixed fee based on the value of the property - for properties between £100 and £200k Allied Surveyors charge around £350 to £400 plus VAT.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now