Talk

Advanced search

In a chain support thread Sept 2017

(1000 Posts)
Gizlotsmum Mon 04-Sep-17 17:55:36

Hope it's ok to start another one! So we have a week of waiting for surveys etc...

DragonMamma Mon 04-Sep-17 19:12:04

Checking in here too!

Gizlotsmum Mon 04-Sep-17 19:29:38

Yay! I'm not alone

DragonMamma Mon 04-Sep-17 20:02:52

The top of the chain wants a mid-October completion date but my vendors solicitors are rubbish and haven't even sent out the contract pack.

Luckily my buyer is fairly chilled out but it'll be around 3 months from us accepting the offer, if we go with that date.

Gizlotsmum Mon 04-Sep-17 20:06:25

See I'd like October half term but haven't seen our vendors pack ( I assume we will see it for the fixtures etc) waiting on the survey on our property for our buyers and our homebuyers survey ( both booked for next week) but searches are underway for us.. not sure about our buyer... kind of feel like lots of people are talking but not necessarily to us!

Gizlotsmum Mon 04-Sep-17 20:07:34

Found our boiler installation certificate so that's one thing down. Can't find the service documentation but hoping I can get a copy.

Fortheloveofscience Tue 05-Sep-17 08:46:11

Found you! Sounds like you're progressing well Gizlot, fingers crossed you hear soon re enquiries.

Dragon that is rubbish - have the vendor's been chasing them?

My supposedly very straightforward transaction is still being anything but, and I really don't know if IABU. On Friday, my EA dropped the bombshell (after I'd chased him every day that week for the promised update, and only got through to him after complaining to my local sales team and getting them to chase directly) that the buyer's solicitor had been v v slow in sending out the searches, and would probably delay the transaction by 2-3 weeks. He promised he would find out on Monday whether the outstanding searches were in fact the ones that they would take another 3 weeks. We had a chat about his lack of communication, and he said that even if he didn't get a result on Monday he would copy me the content of the email he sent the solicitor so I'd know he was doing something. Yesterday I heard nothing on email or phone, and it now means that each of the 4 times he's said he would do something and update me that he hasn't done it. WIBU to complain to his supervisor?

Gizlotsmum Tue 05-Sep-17 16:05:23

Argh sorry really petty rant but I have been primarily dealing with the whole move and everyone still insists on my husband being the first signature...😡😡😡😡 To the point that they have initialled so he signs first!! This whole process is bringing out my feminist side. Oh and our vendors are taking the curtain poles.. so I am going to ask for a second viewing so I can measure up for poles and curtains... grrrrr

Gizlotsmum Tue 05-Sep-17 16:20:04

So solicitor has raised lots of queries. There is a party wall convent what does that mean? It looks like we could share repair costs with the neighbouring property should I be concerned?

DragonMamma Tue 05-Sep-17 18:03:53

forthelove I have no idea. I don't have any direct contact with them but they live a few doors down from my DM's so I may drop a note through their door. They are a strange pair so I don't want to knock. Still no packs received today and still waiting on the Halifax panelling out the survey.

I half wish I'd just had a valuation and paid for a private survey now. This whole process is unnecessarily long and painful, isn't it?!

DragonMamma Tue 05-Sep-17 18:05:03

Ps I would definitely complain to your vendors solicitor supervisor, he sounds shocking. How hard is it to give an update?

Gizlotsmum Tue 05-Sep-17 18:17:45

Dragon indeed. I would chase for a survey date. I should be pleased things are moving and queries/ searches are being done. Which I am really just really want it to go smoothly.

Gizlotsmum Wed 06-Sep-17 14:07:33

Waiting on a response as to whether the multi fuel burner is staying in the house we are buying (I'm hoping so but not listed in fixtures and fittings so double checking)

AnnPerkins Wed 06-Sep-17 14:33:29

Hi everyone. Thanks for the new thread Gizlot. Looks like you're progressing nicely.

Forthelove, I would complain about your EA. He should be doing what you pay him a not inconsiderable amount to do. He's blatantly lying every time he promises to do something or get back to you.

We've hit a lull, nothing going on this week. No news or updates so far from the EA. She's been very good about keeping me informed so I'm assuming there's just nothing to report at the moment. Can't help that constant low-level anxiety about something going wrong at some point though. Our neighbours who sold a few weeks before us have returned their house to the market, and dropped the price within a week. I'm guessing they're trying to hold onto the house they're buying. I really feel for them.

Gizlot, I'm also hoping to complete at half term. I have six days' annual leave left so it would be really convenient to have that week off for DS's school holiday and moving.

Gizlotsmum Wed 06-Sep-17 14:43:52

It's horrible isn't it. So much waiting and so little you can do!

AnnPerkins Wed 06-Sep-17 14:47:01

Yes. I'm only really worried that we'll miss the school admissions deadline in January. Anything else can be overcome.

Although obviously I don't want any of the money we've forked out so far to go to waste either.

emma8t4 Wed 06-Sep-17 14:49:15

We go into the solicitors and sign everything on Friday, not with our solicitor though as she is on holiday (nr 3 since the 1st June!!) and then complete a week on Friday. Got an email from our mortgage company saying the funds will be available on the Thursday, it hasn't quite sunk in yet but we are almost there!!

Gizlotsmum Wed 06-Sep-17 16:46:54

Woo that's fab emma!

YogaDrone Wed 06-Sep-17 17:20:27

Hello, may I join here? I was (and am) on the listings and offers thread but as we're now in a chain I should probably move here smile

Best of luck emma8t4 !

Hmmm, reading your posts has made me wonder if we could make an October half term move too? Our chain is short - cash purchasers of ours, us with a mortgage agreed in principle, and vendors who have already moved out. It could actually be almost do-able if we all put our skates on. We have our mortgage valuation survey next week. Our purchasers have their homebuyers survey next week. We will want a full buildings survey after this but we've already got that booked in for the week after the mortgage survey on the assumption all will be well.

All contract packs are with the relevant solicitors so things are definitely in process, although searches and surveys could throw a spanner in the works (fingers crossed they don't of course!)

Our purchasers suggested mid-November which I thought was achievable and that's only a couple of weeks after half term.

Food for thought smile

Gizlotsmum Wed 06-Sep-17 17:31:07

Welcome yoga. Should be doable. I still need to actually ask but will do that once we have returned our signed purchase pack. Homebuyers surveys are next week. Our mortgage is now in place. Some queries raised by our solicitor.. but seems to be moving. Homebuyers surveys next week...

Boredboredboredboredbored Thu 07-Sep-17 07:17:37

Hi all, I was on the previous thread as sold waaaaaaaay back in January. Well after months of headache and agro it may just may be coming to an end. The final piece if the jigsaw came through yesterday (buyers buyers mortgage offer) we are all hoping for the 15th so a week Friday. Can this really be the end?! Hoping that it can all be done for next week if not it will fall to the next week and its dd Birthday that day so do not really want to move then.

Hoping to find out more later today........fingers crossed!

PartyintheKitchen Thu 07-Sep-17 10:34:07

Hi Everyone – can I join too please? I’ve been on the listings thread on and off since March and I’m thinking it’s time to move over. Our buyers had their mortgage agreed on Tuesday. They have had their survey completed and are following up with a Timber and Damp specialist to check a few things. This is no surprise as we’re selling a Victorian terrace, damp was always a battle but we did loads of work to remove all of the problem areas. I’m now hoping it will continue to move along. We aren’t in a chain, we moved abroad, the house is empty and they are living with family waiting for the move. They came back for another look on Tuesday evening with their Dads, EA said they were super excited and are still totally in love with the house (phew). Fingers, toes, eyelids, etc etc all crossed for smooth progress from here. It’s nerve wracking. I’ve never tried not to think of something so much, and failed so miserably sad.

It doesn’t help that we may have found our dream home, we have been trying to avoid looking too much as chains don’t exist in this country, people sell completely before they buy so any offer we could make would be bottom of the pile compared to those selling here.

Gizlotsmum Thu 07-Sep-17 14:58:31

So apparently the solid fuel burner that was in situ when we viewed is in the shed because it doesn't have a flue?? So I know feel like we are being conned.... not sure how much a flue would cost ( if possible to fit) I am gutted...

YogaDrone Thu 07-Sep-17 15:46:45

Thanks Gizlotsmum . I asked DP if he thought October half term was do-able and he was sceptical but we'll see. I thought our mortgage valuation survey was next week but it's actually tomorrow so hopefully we'll have the mortgage in place by end of next week. We've booked our full building survey in for next Thursday on this basis anyway.

You sound like it's all system go - except for the solid fuel burner issue. WTF? No flue - how extraordinary. Can you get it costed and haggle with the vendor?

Boredboredboredboredbored - crossing everything for you. Good luck!

Hi PartyintheKitchen - good news about your purchasers mortgage. It's good that they are very keen and wanting to push ahead.

How does it work between purchases where you are then? Do you have to move to temporary rented if you don't have family or friends who can put you up?

At what point does one start thinking about getting quotes for removals? I've had a couple of cards from companies in the post offering few quotes but I guess we need to wait until surveys and searches are back.

Gizlotsmum Thu 07-Sep-17 16:05:25

I've done on line quotes and will call them once I get an idea of completion date ( will chase solicitor on that next week)

I doubt vendors will budge ( even with 4 sales having fallen through) as they state they just remove it and get the chimney cleaned yearly ( not sure how comfortable I am with that but I know very little about installation of log burners) has made me determined we need a second viewing to confirm exactly what we are getting.

This thread is not accepting new messages.