Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Ikea kitchen Bosch dishwasher and the behjalplig hinge

(13 Posts)
Rojak Wed 16-Aug-17 14:13:37

So I installed an Ikea Metod kitchen and kept my existing Bosch dishwasher and have issues with the kitchen door falling off.

Ikea's fix is to use a sliding hinge called the Behjalplig. There are a number of people online who have complained that this hinge doesn't really support the weight of the door and keeps breaking.

I found one mentioning this on Mumsnet www.mumsnet.com/Talk/property/2507040-Anyone-want-to-critique-my-IKEA-Kitchen

Has anyone done similar and found a better work around? @FreckledLeopard in the link mentioned this 2 years ago - have you found a workaround that suits?

Thank-you

PigletJohn Wed 16-Aug-17 17:29:04

watching out of interest.

I found a 40-page installation document (all pics, no words) and gave up after 31 pages.

Rojak Wed 16-Aug-17 18:17:45

Hello is the installation document you found for a Bosch dishwasher? Or the Metod?

PigletJohn Wed 16-Aug-17 19:51:00

it was the Ikea one

www.ikea.com/gb/en/doc/assembly_instructions/behj%c3%a4lplig__aa-1083468-3_pub.pdf

NotMeNoNo Wed 16-Aug-17 20:56:30

Ah I had reason to take the decor door off my Bosch dishwasher. It fixes to the dishwasher's own door with some flat slide-together fixings, Velcro and screws. Did you keep these fixing from the last kitchen?

What model is your dishwasher?
Sliding hinge looks like a beast! I wonder if that is what behjalplig means?

Rojak Wed 16-Aug-17 21:18:06

I didn't keep the fixing from the previous door but I don't think it would have worked as the IKEA Metod doors are longer than standard kitchen doors.

NotMeNoNo Wed 16-Aug-17 21:35:50

How much height adjustment have you on the dishwasher - can you lower it so the "stick down" of the door is less? We had to cut a slot in our plinth to allow the door to open and that was on a normal standard kitchen.

Rojak Thu 17-Aug-17 10:21:29

I'd rather not have to cut into plinth - Ikea kitchen plinths are also shorter than standard.

I love the kitchen - this dishwasher door thing is driving me nuts.

I might have to stalk @FreckledLeopard over the talk boards blush to find out her fix

NotMeNoNo Thu 17-Aug-17 10:26:31

is this any good link

BreakingSad Tue 10-Oct-17 14:28:13

Did you manage to fix the problem Rojak, stumbled across this thread as my DM is having exactly the same problem.

Rojak Tue 10-Oct-17 15:45:29

Hi

No I haven't fixed this yet. At this stage, I'm probably going to have to get Ikea to come out for the 3rd time.

I DMed SnowLeopard and she has had hers done 3 times but 3rd hasn't broken yet (but just need to he extra careful!)

I'm planning to go to Ikea to show them all the complaints I've found so feel free to share your mother's woes here.

BreakingSad Thu 12-Oct-17 11:17:19

DM had her Ikea kitchen fitted in July, but the Bodbyn range. Internal Bosch dishwasher attached to kitchen door with the Behjalplig fixtures.

Within a week it had unclipped at the bottom, went to Ikea and the lady phone the fitters and he said there has been an issue with then.

The kitchen wasn’t fitted by Ikea, but they sent out a fitter to have a look. He said that the left and right rails were the wrong way so swapped them, all seem to be ok.

Again within a week it had come away again.
Again went to Ikea and they’ve given us a new Behjalplig fittings, but we haven’t changed them over yet.

It was when I was googling problems with Ikea kitchen and outsourced dishwashers that I stumbled on this thread.

We to will be showing the problems people are having too. Hope they finally sort it Rojak.

Rojak Thu 12-Oct-17 17:13:54

I also found https://www.adapt-r.co.uk/?gclid=CjwKCAjwpfzOBRA5EiwAU0ccN3f0VA8ilRxybtaCNamhKuycqSQ-L56b4wztpgUPDdKN1JKN8RXRRoCwBMQAvDD_BwE

A supplier selling a clip / hinge online to fit Ikea kitchens & non Ikea dishwaahers.

He wouldn't be in business if there wasn't an issue

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now